Thursday, September 07, 2006

A stolen blog survey to pass the time...

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I really don't have many scars as I try to avoid situations that may be injurious. I have one small one behind my eyebrow from crawling into a chair leg when I was a baby. I was a fast crawler.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
A giant Veuve Clicquot Champagne banner.

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
Small black and silver flip phone.

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Shoe-gazer, No Wave, Post Punk, New Wave, punk, jazz, indie, opera, classical, industrial, world, some hip-hop, and very, very little country.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
9AM-ish

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Respect from my employers, a chocolate chip cookie, and a little nookie...

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
The Oregon scenery.

8. WHAT IS THE VELOCITY OF AN UNLADEN SPARROW IN FLIGHT?
African or European swallow?

9. DO YOU PREFER HOT DOGS OR HAMBURGERS?
Hamburgers

10. WHAT ARE YOU CONSIDERED [[PREP, GOTH, JOCK, ETC]]?
Dork/wine geek hybrid

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Only when there's a killer on the loose.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
I don't remember the last person that made me cry. It's usually a movie. Or the last girl that said "I just want to be friends".

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Whatever ladies like the best on me. I've been told that Joop would smell good on me, but I'm partial to Givenchy for Men.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark or red hair, any color eyes will do, but blue and green sort of stand out.

15. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Coffee, but I don't drink it for the energy. Energy drinks taste like sour, dirty ass.

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Mushrooms (fresh)

17. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A bowl of Pho

18. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Probably my boss

19. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
Ein bischen Deutsch.

20. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU:
I don't recall, but it may have been a stuffed animal or sorts.

21. DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
I have a stack of assorted crushes. Some more than others.

22. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
No

23. FAVORITE CLOTHING STORE?
Any place that has something that fits me and doesn't look like complete ass.

24. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS TAKEN?
It's possible, but I'd never act on it.

25. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Maybe punch them, pull their hair, or tell them they have cooties. Seriously, I'd just tell them. Quality of time spent together should be reflective of how you feel about each other be it friends or even more. I like to cook for my friends and get them thoughtful/useful gifts.

26. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes or redheads.

27. WHO IS THE NUMBER ONE PERSON YOU CALL OFTEN?
R

28. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Ignorance and mosquitos

29. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
Yes. Canada, Australia, Germany, and Switzerland (7 or 8 times).

30. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Food

31. FIRST JOB?
Senior page at a public library, unless you count stints of picking strawberries/blueberries/raspberries in Oregon when I wasn't old enough for a work permit.

32. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
In elementary school

33. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
Reading Metro Times and Real Detroit while Good Eats was on in the background on TV.

34. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Nothing. Maybe I'd have a dorsal fin added to my back, or have botox injections in my back forming a happy face.

35. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
Because it was there...and I didn't have any ideas to post.

36. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My demeanor and sense of humor. Customers appreciate my honesty and wine/food knowldege.

37. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME LEGAL FOR ANY AGE?
I'd move to Iran. Seriously though, I'd stop going to clubs/bars and do all my drinking at home.

38. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Anything on my Amazon Wish List, a hug, world peace. Whatever you can afford. Only one week to go kids!

39. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
0-2. I doubt that I'll find anyone that will want to procreate with me, but if I do I wouldn't mind a kid or two. Zero would be fine too, and more realistic...

40. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mother was an au pair for the young son of a headmaster of a private school in England. His name was Jason.

41. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
No. But I do make birthday wishes or wishes on a wishbone...still waiting for any of them to come true.

42. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE?
\m/, or an extended middle finger to the current administration.

43. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Watching the Band of Brothers marathon a few weeks ago or so on the History Channel. I almost cried yesterday but my anger extinquished it (after hearing about the ordeal of a good friend). I'm too pissed to cry. I've been in sort of a daze since.

44. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No. It was okay until I started waiting on tables and had to print. Now it's just ugly.

45. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Serrano (Spanish ham) or Prosciutto di Parma

46. ANY BAD HABITS?
Eating too much, nailbiting, killing sprees

47. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I certainly don't think so, but you'd probably say any of my Cyndi Lauper CDs.

48. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOURSELF?
I think so. I'm good looking and a lot of fun to be around...

49. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Yes, but the circumstances merited it.

50. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Not really. They sure are nice, but I find myself becoming attracted to people as I get to know them better. Personality is way more important. I'm certainly drawn to attractive people though. I'm not going to lie.

51. HOW DO YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
I don't get angry too often. I'm relatively calm. I'm most likely to be angry with politicians, policies, and injustice. I'd blog about it, donate to appropriate counteracting causes, or bottle it up.

52. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Work, unfortunately.

53. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Not immediately. I only trust my friends.

54. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
There was this ragdoll that my Swiss grandmother made for me. It was very important in my early years. My Tonkas were pretty cool.

55. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE ON YOUR CELL PHONE?
92, but that's a combination of personal and business. Embarassingly I only average about one call a week. I really don't like my cell phone.

56. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
No! Never! Absolutely not!

57. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Many times. It's not my bag any more. I'd just assume sit down now for a show if I could.

58. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GIRL/GUY?
Sense of humor, personality, compassion/empathy, and open-mindedness. Someone who isn't smothering or a stalker. Pale skin, a nice smile, a full set of teeth. Anyone who isn't offended by me.

59. WHAT'S YOUR NICKNAME(S)?
I don't really like nicknames, but some people call me Jay. Some people incorporate my last name into things. I've also been called some off-color things.

60. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No. My Blundstone boots are slip-on. They rock!!!

61. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Golly...butter pecan maybe.

62. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST/BAND?
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

63. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
All 4!

64. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
I've been listening to a re-issue of "Burning the Ice" by Die Haut and Nick Cave lately. I've been listening to a mix CD I made for my car which includes Joy Division, Tom Waits, Them, 13th Floor Elevators, David Sylvain, Sufjin Stevens, My Morning Jacket, Folk Implosion, Stereolab, Billy Bragg, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Ride, Luna, John Cale, the Kinks, and Nico.

65. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Leftover braised brisket and boiled red potatoes.

66. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Not including work, R.

67. WHATS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Their face and smile. I'm a face person (the whole face overall, not individual elements). Height, butt, and chest size can be all over the map.

68. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
"Blowing in the Wind" by Bob Dylan
"The Mercy Seat" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (a song about the electric chair)

69. FAVORITE THING TO DO:?
Hang out with friends, cook, eat, watch movies, listen to music

70. FAVORITE DRINK:
A bottle of 2003 DeLisio McLaren Vale Grenache would be nice...

71. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN:
I'm not into that scene, but I'm a Virgo.

72. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
Any Olympic event

73. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Blonde

74. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOR?
Greenish

75. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
No

76. SIBLINGS?
No

77. FAVORITE MONTH?
October

78. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Hell yes! River eel or toro tuna

79. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
An episode of Good Eats

80. Favorite Day of the Year?
It used to be St. Patrick's Day, but now I'd settle for any day off

81. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
Yes. Although I've asked several people out, I'm really shy about the ones that I really like. I generally wait way too long and then it's too late. They're either involved with someone else or we've become friends (happily enough). Friendship is always most important though.

82. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter

83. KISSES OR HUGS?
Hugs! I love hugs. Can't get enough of 'em. (I don't come from a very hug-friendly background. Not a lot of body contact in my family.)

84. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships

85. BIGGEST FEAR?
Dubya, Cheney, and millipedes. A millipede with Dubya's head!



Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home