Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fuhrer von Shit Weasel vs. the Canadian Californian Michigander

Although I didn't catch the whole thing I did catch a sizable bit of the gubernatorial debate between Governor Jennifer Granholm and Amway billionaire challenger Dick DeVos. Although Governor Granholm isn't my absolute favorite she is certainly heads and shoulders above Dick DeVos. I actually met him years ago and he is as his first name implies. The debate certainly wasn't the best as both of them struggled a bit, but I think bits of his true evil shone through. He's also not a very good public speaker. His stance on many of the issues is quite scary. Looking at him during the debate I determined that he looks sort of like a weasel or a ferret. Therefore my new nickname for Dick DeVos in future posts will be "Fuhrer von Shit Weasel". Please be sure to vote in November...please.

What is this world coming to? I cannot believe that a man shot seven Amish girls in school in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Four of them are dead. The shooter then killed himself. It's a sad, sad world.

I'm a bit of a geek...actually a lot of a geek. I'm looking forward to the season premiere of Lost of course, but I'm mostly looking forward to the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica this Friday. It's really an awesome show...really! Even the magazines, critics, and newspapers agree! Many (including Entertainment Weekly) are citing it as one of the top three shows on TV. It's not like the cheesy 70's version (which I absolutely love). It's dark, thought-provoking, and parallels what's going on this country pretty closely. It touches the subject of terrorism, religion in government, abortion, and much more. It's just about the most ballsy show going. Please do yourself a favor and check it out. Buy, rent, or Netflix the first two seasons to catch up if you must. It's worth it!

I'm also looking forward to the new show on the Travel Channel starring Joan Cusack (love her) about travel and cooking. How can you not watch that? I'll watch anything with a Cusack in it (well...maybe not the recent slew of chick-flicks helmed by John).

It's been almost a year since I went to Switzerland and it was in October of 2003 that I went to Australia. How depressing...

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

If you like the new Battlestar Galactica you should probably check out Babylon 5.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home