Friday, April 29, 2005

Rhymes with #^%$$%#^#&...

Not much going on. Work was absolutely asstastic today. Sometimes I think I'd prefer being a professional shit-shoveler. My job is challenging enough, but being severely understaffed makes it even grander. I do think about looking for another job, but the wine business is so rough right now at least I have the guarantee of salary and security. Still looking forward to Florida, although I got a partial itinerary and my required scheduled meetings look like they may be insanely boring.

FYI for those of you "locals"...Adray's is not moving to Allen Park. It's staying in Dearborn. I found out from the store-manager who stopped by at work today.

I usually hate watching local news, but I caught a segment on Channel 4 WDIV about High School Spring Break in Cancun. Michiganders/Detroiters are a drunken, whorish, doggish, pukingish, bedrugged, embarrassing lot. They'll drink and screw anthing (now I really regret not going anywhere for Spring Break) apparently. They strip and have sex anywhere. A local reporter went to Cancun with a hidden camera. Detroit teens are DIIIIIRTTTTTY! They weren't that dirty when I was in high school.

Looking forward to the return of Family Guy this Sunday. I'll be out with friends so I'll have to remember to tape it...

The geek in me is still looking forward to the last Star Wars film...

Another reason to pissed off at Dubya and the Department of Homeland Security...check this out. Not that you need another reason... I feel more threatened by the NRA, rednecks with Swastika tattoos, country music supertard Toby Keith, right-wing nut jobs, and other mouth-breathers than tree-huggers and Al Qaeda any day. God bless Amerikkka! Apparently Oklahoma City didn't count...

Joe Jackson and Todd Rundgren were on Conan tonight. They performed "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" together. Nice!!! I'd love to see their concert, but I can't make it...

I had to turn down free tickets with free valet to last Tuesday's Pistons playoff game because of work. Damn! I'm not the world's biggest sports fan, but I do like basketball...as a general rule. I'll take free tickets to anything anytime. Damn job...

Did you see the Ramones documentary on PBS? Pretty f'in cool.

I got my T-shirt from WDET yesterday. I'm still waiting on my pledge premiums from WTVS...

Have you been watching the National Geographic's Strange Days on Planet Earth hosted by Edward Norton on PBS? You should be. Even if it's only because Edward Norton is hosting it. The basic gist is that humans have f'd up the planet. All of the world's fragile ecosystems have been drastically altered and the planet is going to the shitter. Surprise!!! Spraying Chanel No. 5 on a lump of shit isn't going to fix anthing...if you know what I mean. Check it out! Think globally and act locally before the domino effect kicks you in the ass...

There's this young guy that comes in the store occasionally to buy wine. I've nicknamed him "The Parmesan Kid". It seems that the only thing his wife makes is chicken parmesan or they order pizza. Every time he comes in he asks "What wine pairs with chicken parmesan/pizza?". He then decides not to take our advice and buy something on his own and then complain about it the next time he comes in. My coworker and I essentially draw straws to see who has to wait on him. He came in today and I drew the short straw. The space he takes up on this planet would be better utilized by a leaky medical waste receptacle.

Road construction in Michigan sucks!!! (For the record)

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home