Sunday, May 22, 2005

Ouch...

Ouch...literally. My body is sore, I'm tired, and I'm chafing...
Today we had our big Zinfandel Tasting. It was a success as always, but lots and lots of work on my day off. Luckily this year we didn't have to clean up after a prom from the night before (confetti, balloons, condoms...yup...condoms). As usual I didn't get a chance to eat and I barely tried any wine. One of my roles was "spit boy" (not completely dissimilar to "Piss Boy" in History of the World Part I). I had to empty the spit buckets, which really isn't a big deal but that bucket gets awfully heavy. I had to move/set up lots of tables and chairs, work the actual event, and put back all the tables and chairs. The tasting is a fundraiser for the Dearborn Animal Shelter. Although our count was down we raised twice as much as laster year for the shelter. This year they actually brought some animals to the event including a beautiful Siberian Husky named Horton and a Pit Bull named Mia. A plethora of cute kitties were represented as well. It's a lot of hard work, but it's really great to see some good come out of it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post please consider signing the this petition to save our courts. It's your future...

I still haven't seen the new Star Wars, but it seems that all of my friends already have. Looks like I may try to see it tonight (Monday) by myself.

I've been reading about a documentary called The Aristocrats that I really want to see. I really hope it comes to Detroit.

I heard that there will be no 3rd season of Chapelle's Show. That sucks. Season 2 comes out on DVD this week. Season 2 is great, but it's no Season 1. There may never be a sketch funnier than "Clayton Bigsby".

The new season of Reno 911 is starting soon...so that's good.

Hope your weekend didn't suck...
Sign the petition...

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I told you I'd go and see Ep. III with you...let me know what time...

7:21 AM  
Blogger Geekbird said...

dave chappelle, done gone crazy

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home