Friday, July 01, 2005

Idiot spelunking, a mighty wind, power outages, and vacation...

ONE DAY TO VACATION!!!

This week has pretty much sucked used codpiece. Power outages, power outages, and more power outages. Power went out twice on Saturday, 6 hours on Monday, and all day at work yesterday. I had to work in the dark...without phones or internet access. I still can't online (cable/wireless). I have to use icky old dial-up. Without going into much detail let's just say that people are idiots. We were allowing customers in the store yesterday and guiding them around with flashlights. We could sell anything but perishable food. The most common question was "Do you have power?"..."Yes...we just like to work in the dark. It's good practice for spelunking." I actually sold a lot more wine yesterday than I do on a regular Thursday. We were working with a tiny skeleton crew of 4 people. It sucked subway vapor!

The gazebo in our backyard blew away yesterday...it's pretty heavy. There was about 2 minutes of mega-insane-crazy winds, lots of rain, and then just more unbearable moist. Apparently a lightning strike hit a transformer and knocked power out at work. On Monday is was a burning DTE substation.

I couldn't watch Hell's Kitchen on Monday...no power.

Supposedly Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are married. Avril Lavigne and some ugly guy from Sum 41 are engaged. That's soooooo faux-punk rock!!! Crazy angst-ridden faux-punk Canadian kids...

The two major supermarkets near my 'hood have essentially been out of power all week. I decided to go to the Farmer Jack in "The Heights" plaza in Dearborn Heights on Ford Rd. No power. I just kept driving down Ford Rd. until I got to a Farmer Jack in Wasteland (Westland). They didn't have an organic section...WTF?!?!? I likes me eggs to be organic. They taste better. Oh well...guess I'll have to contend with "Up North" eggs.

Lots of packing to do. Today I've got to get a haircut, get an oil change, and maybe get my car AC recharged (it's been about 3 or 4 years now). I also have to pick up a couple of books to read for vacation. I'm thinking of getting Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs and probably another Sarah Vowell book.

I still have to work at the restaurant tonight. I'll leave tomorrow morning. This will most likely be last post for over a week.

I'm looking forward to a week of outlazying a Teamster (thanks Homer J. Simpson). Books, booze, magazines, music, good friends, a perpetually napping dog, scrambled eggs, mosquitos...I can't wait!

Have a great 4th of July and enjoy your week!!! Don't try lighting your sparklers with a quarter-stick and don't lose any fingers!

Cheers,
An almost on vacation Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home