Thursday, September 14, 2006

Short and lazy B-Day post...

The other day I actually had a bunch of stuff to post, but I was too tired to do it. Now I'm just too lazy to do it. It's my birthday and I really don't feel like posting much. I'm taking some days off to use up my vacation time. I'm pretty much just vegging out. Some friends are taking me to Zingerman's Roadhouse tonight for my B-Day and I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow I'm actually finally going back to the restaurant job after a few months being laid-off. That's great! I've really been missing the extra cash! More friends are taking me out to dinner on Saturday, but I don't know where yet. I'm looking forward to that as well. Sunday I've been invited to a "Cabernet Shoot-Out" at a friend's house. Everybody brings a bottle of cab and we taste them blind and pick our faves and try to guess which is which. The host is a WONDERFUL cook so of course I'm looking forward to that as well. I have Monday off too and no plans which is just fine. I still have one vacation day left. I'll try to use it wisely...

There is a little bit of bad local news...
Emily's Restaurant in Northville is closing. Rick Halberg, the owner, opened another restaurant (Italian) a while ago and sunk his money into it. I guess both locations have been slow and he has no choice but to close. I've actually never eaten at Emily's, but have wanted to eat there for several years and just never had the chance. It's supposed to be wonderful. Two people whose foodie insight I highly regard both claim it as their favorite restaurant. Now I'll never have the chance...

Please watch Everything is Illuminated. I Netflixed it last week and it's really well done. Liev Schreiber directed it. It's funny, quirky, and weepy.

Please read this week's column from Jack Lessenberry here. Quite good again! It's about what's changed since 9/11...not much!

Have a good week y'all!

Random Poll- What was/is your favorite birthday cake?

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

3 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

Random Poll- What was/is your favorite birthday cake?

My mom used to make me a banana nut cake sans nuts with homemade buttercream icing every year when she was still alive. Nothing else can ever compare to her inch thick icing atop inch thick cake!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

White cake with Grandma's buttercream icing. My aunts always always always chose spice cake with Grace's Icing (as it's called in my family) and I have to say that that's pretty darn good, too.

Nobody in my family seems to make cakes with Grace's icing anymore. So sad.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings:-D
Everything is Illuminated is one of my favorite movies of all time. Do yourself a favor and either purchase or download the soundtrack for that movie. It's fantastic.

For my birthday, I always have a birthday pie, because I'm weird like that. Either pure rhubarb or something with mixed berries. Grand Traverse Pie Company makes the best pies known to man. And yeah...I put the birthday candles in the pie. It rocks.

Shalom Aleichem!
Emily

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home