Monday, May 22, 2006

I don't wanna get whacked like that...

The title is in reference to Vito (Joseph R. Gannascoli) getting whacked on the newest episode of The Sopranos. For the record I do not want to be beaten to death and then have a pool cue shoved up my ass. For the record...


Interesting factoid- By doing the IMDB link I learned that Joseph Gannascoli played a guard in Basquiat (one of my all time faves).

I think I just heard/read that The Brother From Another Planet was finally released on DVD. Great frickin John Sayles movie!!!
Buy, rent, Netflix it now! It's a very touching, unusual, and smart film. The IMDB plot summary should certainly let you know that it's a bit unusual. I remember seeing this movie as a kid with my dad at an art house theater in the big city (Portland). I also remember seeing The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension with him at a Portland theater. Another cult classic!

I'm exhausted. It's been a strenuous month. Today unoffically wraps up my major ass-whooping at work (for now). I'll certainly be challenged further, but a string of major events has finally come to an end. The fact that we're severely understaffed doesn't help the situation. I've got to be careful, but a certain key nepotized employee has been noticeably absent as of late. That normally would bring tears of joy...and it does in fact, but that also means more work for the minions (ie. me). I'm done with the judging, the charity event I was in charge of on Wednesday was a success. The winemaker's dinner I was in charge of was a raging success (of sorts). And today's final ass-kicker kicked my ass but good, but good... Today's major tasting went very smoothly although the count was a bit low. Unfortunately due to said event I had to miss the fabulous Glen's 40th birthday dinner. Happy birthday Glen! You rock! I have what I think is a pretty ass-kicking gift for you. I hope you enjoy it. Anyhoo...things should settle down a tad. The dinner was held at an old place of employment of mine and it went very well. This was the first year I was able to attend the annual dinner and I was also put in charge of it. The general consensus was that it was the best ever. That's pretty comforting as I worked with the chef on the menu and the pairings were tremendous. In fact, the winemaker commented that it was the best of the 5 winemaker dinners he did this week (he's on a junket of sorts). He also said that the dessert pairing with his port is probably the best he's ever had. I'll take that as a pat on the back. I don't get many of those. I'll pat myself...but that'll probably hurt as I'm so sore and tired from today's event. I put in 11 hours today on my day off carrying tables around, loading and unloading vans, and numerous other duties. And it was windy as hell (an outdoor tasting). I'm damn glad it's over...

And how are you?

Supposedly a photographer from one of the the local papers is going to be taking my picture this week for a story that's going to run in June. The story is already in the works. I have a general idea what the story is about, but I really don't know what direction it's going to go in. Neato. I know a local writer/editor and I had mentioned the dinner I threw a few weeks ago and I guess it gave her an idea for a story. We shall see...

Now that work has lightened up a bit I'll even more be able to enjoy the slew of season finales this week. Did you see the season finale of ER last week? Damn! (Yes. I actually still watch ER...)

I do finally have a day off next Sunday, but it'll be spent at the lesbian wedding. Should be a load of fun. The girls and their friends enjoy a drink or two or three or four or five...or a case... I hope the weather is nice (it's outdoors).

I've been so busy I really haven't had a chance to follow the news/politics this week. I do know this however...President Asshat still sucks! Dubya could die and I really wouldn't mind...ya know?

I just received the newest Anthony Bourdain book from my Amazon pre-order. It's called The Nasty Bits. I can't wait to dive into it. Gotta love any Ramones/Stooges loving chef that loves to swear like a pissed off trucker with Tourette's...

Random poll- What do you like on your hot dogs/tofu dogs? Ketchup (sacrilege), ketchup and mustard (wrong), or just mustard (perfect)? Onions, relish, chili, cheese don't count in this one. Don't even get me started on a Chicago style dog...

Random poll #2- Who is your favorite Monty Python troupe member?

Random poll #3- Was Charles really in charge?

Hope you're having a happy and healthy Masturbation Month!

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

#1 - Mustard, but I dislike ketchup as a matter of course.

#2 - Michael Palin

#3 - Well, the parents certainly weren't!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 - Just mustard on my Hebrew National.

#2 - Dead tie between John Cleese & Graham Chapman

#3 - I can honestly say that I've never seen a single episode. Was that the show with Willie Ames / Scott Baio?

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home