Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Embarrassed by the country I love...

Just a follow-up comment on yesterday's post...

Before An Inconvenient Truth started I heard a few people commenting to each other how they didn't believe in global warming. I was shaking my head, but I figure that's what the film is for. After the film I heard someone comment how she still doesn't believe in global warming or in the facts that were presented in the film. I really shook my head in dumbfounded amazement...

I've mentioned before how worried I am about the current state of affairs in this country (VERY). It's unfathomable to me how the "red states" took the election for Dubya. They didn't actually, but that's another topic... Anyhoo, it's amazing how many "dee dee dee" retarded (ala Carlos Mencia) people there are in this country. The film essentially presents NUMEROUS undeniable facts and people still don't believe the validity. I'm awfully glad I don't live in their world. It's hard enough living in this one.

And I live in a "blue state"...

I'd like to see some raw data in graph form comparing consumption of Skoal Bandits, schnapps, Pabst, and Little Debbie snack cakes between "red states" and "blue states". I'd then like to see how those rates increase during NASCAR races...

I am truly disheartened right now. The current national administration is more evil and backhanded than one could imagine and the local Michigan economy is in the absolute shitter. There's not a lot of hope in sight. I love this country but I'm starting to question my own citizenship. In the title of my blog it's obvious that I'd rather be somewhere else. When Americans can't even believe or support the obvious truth or question authority it's a really sad day. I don't want to give up. Hopefully natural selection will weed out the "dee dee dees". Fear tactics orchestrated from Washington DC and implemented through local and national news are destroying this country. Why doesn't anyone question government any more? That's our right. Next time I hear someone say that global warming is a liberal fabrication I'm just going to slap the fuck out of them, make them watch An Inconvenient Truth in the Clockwork Orange style, and then chain them to posts during the upcoming ice age leaving their genitals exposed to ice and migrating killer bees.

It's a double-edged sword to think...
I recently bought a new Ford vehicle although the mileage and emission standards do not even come close to those of the Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, and Germans. By choosing an American car I am not doing my part to slow down global warming. I feel really guilty about this. At the same time I bought a Ford out of local guilt. The Michigan economy is in the crapper and doesn't see a reprieve in the near future. The immediately local economy (Dearborn) is a Ford economy. In this case I had to support the local economy because it so frightfully bad. It's a tough decision. It's even worse because my American car is assembled in Mexico. Outsourcing wins again...

I'm embarrassed by the country I love.

I'd rather be in Kalangadoo. For the record I am looking for an Australian woman to marry me so that I may get Aussie citizenship... All enquiries will be considered...

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Guess I need to post something someone at work sent me to help alleviate your guilt at buying a Ford.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure is a lot of complaining for a guy that lives in a "blue state" I supposed you lived in a "red" state you would have commited suicide by now.

I'm not real impressed with what our Democratic state government has done for Michigan, but I suppose you would blame Michigan's troubles on Dubya, eh?

Signed,

A fellow Michigander that is not as doom and gloom as you are.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home