Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Quick foodie news...

There was a special edition of No Reservations this evening in which Anthony Bourdain met world famous/infamous chef Ferran Adria and had dinner at the famed El Bulli restaurant. It was absolutely fascinating! The man is an insane genius! It's no wonder that El Bulli is the hardest restaurant in the world to get a reservation at. Wow!!! I was lucky enough a few years ago to have the 21 course tasting menu at Trio in Evanston, Illinois but it was child's play in comparison to Ferran Adria's presentation. Grant Achatz, who was then chef at Trio, did spend some time in the kitchen at El Bulli. That was the best meal I've had. (He's currently at Alinea in Chicago) It would be hard to imagine having the amazingly creative food of his mentor. Fascinating stuff! I need to get my ass to Spain...

In other foodie news...
One of my restaurant coworkers who already has a culinary degree is leaving this summer to go the French Culinary Institute in New York. Good luck to him!

I just found out today that a former coworker who is currently in culinary school at OCC is leaving for at least 6 months to study in Vitznau, Switzerland. Very cool! Good luck to him also.

I did receive my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer last week and it's a beautiful thing...a beautiful thing indeed.

Have a nice 4th! I have to work...

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

What?!? You have to work? Merchant's is open? That's craziness. I hope you're insanely dead so that he loses money and stays closed next year.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home