Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kudos to the rich people...

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the recent news that Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett will devote much of their time and/or money to philanthropic efforts. The fact that Warren Buffett plans to give $37 billion in stock before he dies to multiple foundations is staggering. Simply the fact that he has $37 billion is staggering. Makes my charitable contributions look like chump change, but then again I'm poor. Anyone want to start a foundation to help me? But seriously, good job guys. It makes me proud and hopefully it sets an example to other rich folks. It'll help out with their taxes even more with write-offs and all... But I don't think that philanthropy is considered in Dubya's tax plan...

Give what you can!

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home