Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Cheap filler...the hot dog of posts.

Just a useless quickie...

I finally saw Million Dollar Baby the other night. It was a good movie and the acting was just fine, but I don't feel it was Oscar-worthy in any category. Sorry...

Tonight I finally saw Capote. It was pretty darn good and Philip Seymour Hoffman certainly did a wonderful job, but again I don't think it lived up to all of the hype. Sorry again...

The second season of Hell's Kitchen is on and I have to say that I just don't like ANY of the contestants. I actually had people to root for during the first season and Dewberry was always good for a grin. None of the people this season seem worthy of getting their own multi-million dollar restaurant. I'm really curious to know how Michael (last year's winner) is doing in his apprenticeship in London. He was my kind of guy. Other Gordon Ramsay news here about his winning a libel suit.

Apparently some people still do read the newspaper. I'm still getting customers saying they saw me in the paper a couple of weeks ago. The average age of said customers is about 70, but at least they still believe in old fashioned ink on paper for their news (and coupons). They say the picture looked good, but I know they're just being polite. Luckily the picture was small and their eyesight is not 20/20. It's sweet of them to say though...

Sorry. That's all I've got after a rough day of work...

Cheers,
Jason

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Have you read In Cold Blood? I think the fact that I had read the book helped my appreciation of the movie. The people with whom I went were not as enthusiastic as I was.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that 'Million Dollar Baby' is an overrated, average film. At the risk of committing blasphemy, I felt the same way about 'Sideways.'

6:41 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

I, too, found myself wondering what all the fuss was about when Million Dollar Baby was over. It was a fine film, but nothing earth shattering. I mean, it's no NACHO LIBRE(hee hee)!!!

Sorry we couldn't find you last night...but it was so rainy that you didn't miss much besides a potential soaker!!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home