Monday, December 20, 2004

Yet another borrowed survey...

I borrowed this Top 50 list from Julie.

The BBC has come up with a list of 50 things you should eat before you die.
Items in CAPS are things I have eaten.

The BBC Top 50

1. FRESH FISH
2. LOBSTER
3. STEAK
4. THAI FOOD
5. CHINESE FOOD
6. ICE CREAM
7. PIZZA
8. CRAB
9. CURRY
10. PRAWNS
11. MORETON BAY BUGS (Fantastic! It's a type of Australian lobster.)
12. CLAM CHOWDER
13. BARBECUES
14. PANCAKES
15. PASTA
16. MUSSELS
17. CHEESECAKE
18. LAMB
19. Cream tea (I'm not even sure what this is. Unless it's tea with cream in it, in which case I have had it.)
20. ALLIGATOR
21. OYSTERS
22. KANGAROO
23. CHOCOLATE
24. SANDWICHES
25. GREEK FOOD
26. BURGERS
27. MEXICAN FOOD
28. SQUID
29. AMERICAN DINER BREAKFAST
30. SALMON
31. VENISON
32. Guinea pig
33. SHARK
34. SUSHI
35. PAELLA
36. BARRAMUNDI (A delicious Australian fish. I had an amazing whole fried spicy Barramundi at a Malaysian restaurant in Adelaide.)
37. REINDEER
38. KEBAB
39. SCALLOPS
40. AUSTRALIAN MEAT PIE (The breakfast of champions...yum!!!)
41. MANGO
42. Durian fruit (Durian fruit is banned in this country. It's supposed to be one of the stinkiest things on earth. The smell is supposed to be reminiscent of rotting flesh. It's supposed to taste great though. I'd love to try it given the opportunity.)
43. OCTOPUS
44. RIBS
45. ROAST BEEF
46. TAPAS
47. JERK CHICKEN/PORK
48 HAGGIS
49. CAVIAR
50. CORNISH PASTY

I've eaten just about everything on this list. Does this mean that my time is almost up? I've also eaten a lot of stranger things that don't appear on this list. I don't intend on eating any guinea pig. I suppose if I were offered some in the Philippines I'd try it. Here's a little inside joke to a few friends..."Jay Jay - are you washing your guinea?"

Until the next bottle...
Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home