Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Am Curious Black Morrissey...

It really sucks to come back to work after two days off. Most of you probably have weekends or at least two days in a row off each week. Having two days off in a row was heavenly. I went to a BBQ at good friends' on Sunday. It was tame, but relaxing. Enjoyed some 2002 Kilikanoon Oracle Clare Valley Shiraz (YUM!!!) and some 2002 Cenay Blue Tooth Vineyard Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. My salads and brownies were a hit. I got an early start at another BBQ/gathering on Monday. I enjoyed some Newlan Zin, 2001 Saddleback Zin, Rosenblum Cullinane Vineyard Zin, Rosenblum Lyon's Vineyard Zin, D-Cubed Zin, 2002 Kilikanoon Covenant Shiraz, 2003 Henry's Drive Reserve Shiraz, 1995 Tommasi Amarone, and 2000 Graham's Vintage Porto with lamb burgers, hamburgers, veal hot dogs (from a Polish butcher), cowboy beans, and key lime pie (Zingermans). Good times! We were done early (about 4:00PM) so I just spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. I finished reading Bone In the Throat by Anthony Bourdain. A damn fine read considering that this is the chef's early foray into mafia/murder/chef novels.

Did you see Hell's Kitchen last night? It's another damn reality show, but I'll watch this one. It follows 12 contestants competing to win their own restaurant. Most of them have no formal (professional) cooking experience. The guy in charge is uberchef Gordon Ramsay. Gordon Ramsay is a stark raving asshole!!! A complete dick! He yells, he screams, and he makes people cry. I love it!!! Gordon Ramsay is considered to be one of the absolute finest chefs in the world and has received the honor of best London chef for 9 years in a row. I've been wanting to eat at Gordon Ramsay (the restaurant) since I first heard about him. There's this big southerner named Dewberry...yup, Dewberry (that's funnier than "Cletus"). I don't think Dewberry is going to last very long. He's weak. He's in a tank with a few piranha and a shark with a frickin' laser on his head... I'm glad I've got something to watch this summer...

Bloc Party were on Letterman tonight...well done.
Aimee Mann was on Leno tonight...well done.
The Dears were on Jimmy Kimmel tonight...well done. The TV was on behind me and they sounded good. The singer reminded me of Morrissey so I turned around to discover that the singer was black. Cool...a black Morrissey...from Montreal.

Paris Hilton is engaged to "richer than her" guy named "Paris".

Ralph Bellamy is "Deep Throat"...oh...I'm sorry...it just looks like him. This guy has revealed himself to the public as "Deep Throat" after 30 years. And to think I thought it was Linda Lovelace...

My roommate is off this week, but isn't going anywhere. He never does. I never get the place to myself. He gets the place to himself when I'm on vacation... He has his parents' "hyper as Richard Simmons on a cocaine/meth cocktail" Jack Russell Terrier at our house today. He's calmed down quite a bit, but he's still more jumpy than Quentin Tarentino after 30 espressos with a cattle-prod up his ass. He's nice enough, but he needs some training. He's not even soft...he's scratchy. At least sweet, dumb Huey is softer than a cloud...

Eddie Albert died at 99...

The guy who did the voice of "Tony the Tiger" and sang "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" is dead.

My friend's uncle died...that sucks.

I wish Dubya would die...
Maybe if we all focused our mental energy we could make it happen...let's at least try...and don't stop there.

A former co-worker stopped by the store the other day. She practices some religion which is not entirely far-removed from voodoo. I was telling her about issues with the boss and she recommended writing his name on a piece of paper and putting it in a freezer...it's worth a try. He's futs!!! REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLY looking forward to my vacation in July...

I want to see Broken Flowers when it comes to Detroit (the new Jim Jarmusch film with Billy Murray, Tilda Swinton, and Julie Delpy that got raves at Cannes)...

I want to read Early Bird by Rodney Rothman. I've seen him interviewed twice now about his book about living in a retirement community in Florida (he's 31 now, but was 28 when he wrote the book). He used to be head writer for David Letterman. Sounds like a fun read...

I wish Zed and Maynard would get medieval on Benny Hinn's ass.

The Superbowl is less than a year away and Detroit still looks like Dom DeLuise's shitter...

I hear that the "Fuse-In" (this year's name for the annual free Memorial Day weekend techno-fest) was pretty cool until it was abruptly ended at exactly midnight last night during Mos Def's set...

The wine business is getting sickeningly political and nobody seems to care about "quality" any more...it's all just a bunch of numbers at every tier of the business. I'm a front-line soldier on the retail front and I still believe in delivering quality service and goods to the consumer, but it's getting harder and harder as everyone is trying to unload their leftover garbage that they can't sell. It's disheartening..."In Vino Veritas"

My friend Kathleen is right in thinking that pomegranates are seasonal (winter). WTG Kathleen! You win a chocolate bar!

I heard a rumor that The Real World is coming to Detroit and that they're going to get a loft in Royal Oak. I so don't care anymore, but I think I'll have to watch that...after all, it'll be the first season where someone gets killed. I really wish they'd actually get a place in the city of Detroit and not comfy/trendy Royal Oak...I guess it makes for better drinkin', cavortin', grindin', and tomfoolery. There's plenty of a club scene for them. It's gonna be the drunkenest season ever. Somebody's gonna get there ass whooped in a bar...more than once. At least the token gay person (or people) will be close to Fashionable Ferndale (let the rainbow flags fly). This is the one time I do wish Detroiters will live up to their reputation and beat the crap out of some dumbass, ignorant B-Boys. Detroit...practice your bar-brawl moves now!!!

Random poll...
Peanut butter...crunchy or creamy?

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Crunchy.

I'd let you borrow my The Dears CD (who knew they were popular enough to be on Kimmel?), but I'm not done listening to it constantly. And it's funny, on only one song does he sound like Morrissey.

Keep us posted on the boss' name in the freezer....if it works (whatever it's supposed to do), I might try it myself - but not with my boss' name.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Glen said...

I'm gonna go with creamy. I can do either but once when I was 5 I saw a classmate choke until he turned blue on Jif Crunchy and I guess it scarred me a little bit. His name was Jeffery Messer.

G

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home