Wednesday, September 28, 2005

5 things that baffle my mind...

So far this has proven to be the slowest week in history. This is of course due to my vacation starting next week and the fact that work is sucking Porta-Potties right now. Eventually I'll have to plan my packing and be concise on what I'm going to bring to Switzerland. I'll definitely be packing lighter than I did for Australia, so that will be helpful.

Sometimes I look around and see things that just make me scratch my head. There's a construction site across from work right now and the sight of the cranes brings me to a constant question that I can't figure out...

So here are
5 things that absolutely baffle me
1)You know those giant tower construction cranes for big jobs and skyscraper erections (Ha ha! I said "erections".)? How the hell do they get those things up without the use of an even bigger crane? Seriously? How the hell do they do it? I'm sure that there's a perfectly simple "physics" explanation, but I'm a little daft.

2)How the hell is According to Jim on the air? It's a giant turd. Seriosly...who thinks it's funny? I don't watch it but sometimes I'll be flipping channels and I'll catch a line so bad that I want to vomit through my eye sockets.
3)How did anyone other than her own family and short-bussers buy the last Ashlee Simpson album? Did it come with a a free diamond bedazzled scrunchie? Do all post-procedure lobotomy patients get a coupon?
4)The pyramids, the Nazca lines, Stonehenge, the Colossus of Rhodes, the Lighthouse of Alexandria, the big bang, quantum physics, extraterrestrial life, the seeming infinite nature of the universe, Joan Rivers' tearducts, White Castle, Oprah???
5)Why are the "red states" allowed to vote? Can we move NASCAR races to Tuesdays?

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Thge cranes raise themselves. I saw it on Modern Marvels.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hilarious about having NASCAR races on Tuesdays!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home