Monday, October 17, 2005

Yes...yes they do make a pop out of milk. And yes, that does excite me...

Well...it´s been a long two weeks. I go to Zurich airport in the morning and get hurled through the air in an uncomfortable aluminum tube to Chicago and then Detroit at about 8:30PM or so. Then it´s off to work in the morning...I could really use a vacation.

Today was mostly spent with family, but I did finally get some "me" time as I had about three hours to walk around Schaffhausen. I spent the time shopping and window shopping. I spent most of the time looking for gifts, but I didn´t find much. (Stores are closed on Sundays and on Monday mornings...and some don´t even open Mondays.) Don´t expect anything, but I managed to pick up a few things...you´ll probably get some chocolate. (Hey BST- Your wish has come true.) Anyway...I´ve got to start packing. I´ve got some homemade hooch to smuggle...

Swiss Observations
-
Coca Cola is made with sugar here instead of corn syrup. Maybe that´s why it´s 6 Francs.

Rivella still tastes good. I haven´t had a Rivella in 17 years. I had a hankerin´ for one before the trip was over. Rivella is a Swiss carbonated soft drink made from milk...go figure. (It doesn´t taste like milk, but I don´t know how to describe it. It has a sort of ammonia-like quality, but in a good way...

When I get home I´m gonna slam a gallon of cold skim milk...to each his/her own. Also some ice water (non-carbonated).

Random poll- Are you an "Ugly American"?

See you soon...if Swissair doesn´t kill me first.

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

I prefer the term "not overly-striking American", thank you!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

LOL to Glen's comment.

I like to think that I am not an "Ugly American" but I probably am in some ways.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home