Monday, November 07, 2005

Poo flingin' (again) and exorcising your local dingleberries...

Hey kids! Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I've just been too dang tired. I'm still trying to get rid of whatever I have.

In the news...
The French riots are finally starting to slow down. Maybe they're running out of dog poo to fling.

I was watching a bit of BBC News tonight and there was a survey saying that the US is not the best place to live if you want to be financially successful. Immigrants are far more likely to fare better in almost any European country or Canada than in the US. It is now easier to live the "American Dream" in Denmark (for example). It is reported that most Americans living in poverty are likely to remain in poverty if they don't fall even deeper. Sad, but true.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TOMORROW!!!
This Tuesday, November 8, is an important election day. This of course varies from district to district, but there's a lot of stuff going on this area. The biggest election in this area is of course the Detroit Mayoral election between candidates Kwame Kilpatrick (incumbent) and Freman Hendrix. Detroit is in really bad shape right now and a very large part of the blame belongs to incumbent thug...uh...I mean incumbent Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. His regime has been an absolute embarrassment. Maybe you heard about him in the tabloids. Mr. Freman Hendrix seems to be the best person for the job. Lets hope and pray that fine people of Detroit feel the same way. Kwame certainly has the young vote, but historically the voting turnout of Detroit's eligible 18-40 year olds has been abysmal. Let's hope that this holds true. (I would normally love to see the young voters of Detroit show up in en masse, but not this time). Good luck Mr. Hendrix!

Tomorrow's local Dearborn election will be a doozy. Bunch of nutjobs running for city council, charter commissions, etc. I'm making a point to NOT VOTE for one particular idiot tomorrow. He's been hanging on to the Dearborn policital scene like a dingleberry on the ass of life for quite some time now. It's time for him to be wiped away. I cannot stand the guy. For the sake of this post I'll call him Doug "Phuqhedd" Thomas. I'm voting for his biggest opponent and I'm not a big fan of hers (on a personal level). She's far better for the post than he is. A monkey could do a better and more honest job than this guy. Although they'd be about even in the poo flingin' category. Dearborn politics are absolutely vicious right now and there are a lot of complicated issues that our elected will have to face. I wish all of my candidates luck.

I'd also like to wish good luck to "Candidate" tomorrow in his city council re-election campaign. "Candidate" is a college friend of mine. I'll protect his identity here, but he's a really good guy...and he's a Republican! Good luck!

Please don't forget to exercise your civic duty tomorrow and by exorcising those who are harmful to your community. Do the right thing.

Vote early, vote often! Vote Chicago-style!

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home