Friday, November 25, 2005

Wax off poetic...



Actor Pat Morita has died today at the age of 73. We'll miss you Arnold/Mr. Miyagi...

I hope that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was alright, but people really don't know how to drive. My aunt and her husband cancelled as well as my grandmother, so it was just my parents and myself. It usually takes me about two and a half hours to get to my parents, but yesterday it took about three and half because of people who don't know how to drive in the snow...and not much of it. There was also a major accident near Almont that took about 20 minutes of my life. The drive back was pretty slow too. Lots of blowing snow up north and visibility was about 0%. It cleared up after Marlette, but then the traffic got to be pretty slow and frustrating.

I saw a Coke commercial the other day with penguins and polar bears sharing a cola and a good time. Penguins live in the southern hemisphere and polar bears live in the northern hemisphere. Check your facts folks...

The day before Thanksgiving at the store was pretty damn busy, but not as busy as in years past. Lets hope that Christmas picks up a bit. Anyway...one of our wholesale reps brought in some 2002 Zind-Humbecht Rotenberg Pinot Gris ($60.00 retail) and opened a bottle to sample. At the same time our office manager had brought in a Crave Case from Whitecastle for the staff. I figured "What the hell? I'm going to try this absolutely delicious Alsatian white from one of my favorite producers with a Whitecastle slider". While it wasn't the greatest match in the world, it wasn't the worst. The sweetness of the onions complimented the slight sweetness of the wine fairly well. My coworker laughed and commented that I'm probably the only person on the history of the planet to drink ZH Rotenberg Pinot Gris with a slider. It was kind of funny...but you kind of have to be a wine geek to appreciate it.


plus...



= Good times!




Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home