Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Golden Globes and NASCAR taters...

So I went to Farmer Jack after work tonight to do a little grocery shopping. I picked up a few more items for Sunday's dinner party and a few other random items. I needed to get some potatoes for the mashed potatoes so I opted to go for the 5lb. bag of Yukon Gold. The only 5lb. bags of Yukon Gold potatoes available were called NASCAR Yukon Gold. With the NASCAR logo and everything. WTF?!? I don't want a NASCAR logo on my potatoes. They didn't have any bulk/loose Yukon Golds. The NASCAR bag was my only option. I almost decided to get another inferior type of potato or change starch courses entirely just so I wouldn't have to buy anything with the NASCAR logo on it. When did NASCAR get together with the potato industry? Does Simplott sponsor Jeff Gordon? I can understand if NASCAR put their logo on Skoal Bandits or home inbreeding kit or something, buy why on my starchy little friends. Please keep your hands off my taters and your decals off my car...

I watched 24 both last night and tonight. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul. I caught a little bit of the Golden Globes and I was happy to see Hugh Laurie win Best Actor in a Television Drama. Kudos to him and his fine performance in my favorite show, House. Kudos also to Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon for winning for Walk the Line.

I also caught Matisyahu on Letterman. Matisyahu is a Hasidic reggae artist. He was surprisingly good. With my eyes closed I would have never guessed him to be a Hasidic Jew. With eyes open it's pretty obvious...

I had a little more discussion with someone today about that possible future opportunity. Wish me luck.

At this point I'm just thinking about the dinner party on Sunday and of course New York. I'm really looking forward to New York (if I haven't already mentioned that a few billion times).

Random poll (for Detroiters only)- Do you think that Detroit will be ready for the Superbowl?

Random poll #2- Rather than ask you who your favorite James Bond is I'll ask who's your favorite Bond villain?

Random poll #3- Blend, pulse, frappe, or liquify?

Random poll #4- Yosemite Sam "Back Off" mudflaps or nekkid' lady mudflaps?

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger JulieU. said...

1. No, but the party they are hosting for the homeless to keep them off the streets is absurdly funny to me.
2. I've never seen a James Bond film.
3. Frappe (because it sounds funny)
4. Nekkid. Always go with nekkid.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home