Thursday, January 12, 2006

March of the really big penguin...

Not a lot going on. Work sucks and it's going to get worse, but what else is new?

When I was originally invited to New York for the 10th Anniversary celebratrion of the Australian Wine Bureau I was supposed to go to a gala black tie dinner. The AusWAT winners received an e-mail later saying that we'd be taken to dinner instead on the same evening. Today I received an e-mail saying that the black tie dinner is back on. That's great but now I need a tux. So I went to Men's Wearhouse after work to look at rental tuxes. Turns out that it doesn't cost a whole lot more to buy a tuxedo than to rent one for four days...so I bought one. Yup. I'm now one of those people who actually owns a tuxedo. I never thought that I'd be one of those people. I may be invited to some black tie gigs in the future (or I may have to bartend), so it's not a complete waste. I can even dress snooty for the opera or symphony if I so desire. The possibilities are...limited. I pick it up next Wednesday (alterations). While I was there I figured that I needed a new overcoat too. I have a decent one, but quite honestly it's a little dated (very early 90's). I am also now the proud owner of a black cashmere overcoat. (It was on sale!) Don't look at me like that...

Anyway...
I'll be attending this $300.00/ticket gala event at the Metropolitan Club in midtown Manhattan. Here's a picture of the swanky joint-



I'm really looking forward to the trip. I have my dinner party first to get out of the way. I'm still stressing out a little bit about that.

It's winter in Detroit and it's cold (actually it wasn't that bad today). Here's a couple of pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I really like them. It's bright and colorful for a weary winter day. I took the pictures at the outdoor street market in Lugano Switzerland in October of 2005. Hope you like them...




Have a great day!

Cheers,
Jason

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Just make sure you don't go half-assed to the symphony in the tux - by not wearing a tie and walking around with the top two buttons undone...and no tacky girls with huge rose tattooes and the word Mom tattooed across her chest.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Kathleen- I'll do my best...except for the tattooed tacky girls part.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home