Thursday, March 16, 2006

Poop-stirrer in big-ass trouble... (FU WDET?)

Michael Coleman, the new WDET General Manager that has f'ed everything up but good, is being charged with embezzlement. The once-great public radio station has gone to the shitter since Coleman's takeover. I hope that he's found guilty and sent to prison. He deserves prison time simply for his line-up change and firing of Martin Bandyke, Willy Wilson, and Judy Adams (I'll defend her position, not her show). As the station is about to enter its first pledge drive since the new regime I'm sure that they will see a big drop in support. I'm certainly got giving (for the first time in about 10 years) or answering phones (I've done that too). There are a lot of pissed-off Detroiters! I don't want to come across as racist, but I'm not a big fan of "News and Notes" (aka "Angry Black News"). The "Tavis Smiley Show" was fine, but "News and Notes" is a bit of a slap in the face to caucasians. In fact, the line-up change has a bit of a racist feel to it. I don't think that Michael Coleman likes whitey too much. I sincerely hope that some serious changes come to WDET and it soon becomes at least a shadow of its former self...the greatest radio station anywhere! Bring back Martin Bandyke and save the airwaves!

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I disagree with your opinon of WDET. Inm my opionion, WDET is much better now than it was 12 months ago. I love the fact that they brought back Car Talk, added BBC news, and ditched some of the old shows -- some of which became painfull droanings for hours. I feel no loss for Martin or Judy, as radio is a business, and they were not generating revenue like they needed to.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home