Thursday, March 09, 2006

None of the substance you've come to expect...

Have you seen the new "Vee Dub" (VW) commercials with Peter Stormare (Fargo)? WTF? I don't know if I love them or hate them. I think maybe I'm in love...

Another brutally honest opinion column from Jack Lessenberry in the new Metro Times. This one is about the toilet that is Michigan's economy. The Detroit area is not only one affected. Outsourcing is slowly (?) killing us...

Why do they show maybe one new episode of Lost a month?

I was happy to see Howard Hessman on last night's episode of House. Where has he been? (A note to FOX- Please stop f'ing with the scheduling of House and 24 in order to better accomodate American Turd.)I see that Max Gail (Grosse Ile's own) has a gig too (on the new Sons and Daughters). I vaguely remember him being on some show in the eighties, but all I really remember is Barney Miller. Dabney Coleman has a gig now too. It seems that all the people I was thinking about (ie. Whatever happened to?) are all getting a second or third wind in the acting game. Where's Judge Reinhold? He deserves a comeback. Where is anybody from The Loveboat? Seriously...

I have another Saturday off (the second in 16 or 17 years). I still don't know what to do.

I think I may start going to more movies by myself. I caught one of the five Oscar-nominated films and wanted to see them all. The people that I normally see movies with on my regular Sundays off are fantastic friends, but they never want to see anything good and I'll usually settle on something monumentally craptacular. And I rarely get a chance to see anything at the Main, the Maple, or the DFT. At least I have Neflix to catch up on all those that I've missed...

Sorry for the lack of cohesion in this lame-ass post.

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

Yeah...Max was in Whiz Kids, the series about the first computer whiz kids who solved crimes to boot! That must have been '83 or so...I think it lasted a season.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

Kathleen and I were talking about getting together this Saturday evening at my place to watch Kurosawa'a 'Yojimbo'... you're more than welcome to join us (as is any other film-lover we know). We'll probably get some take-out and make a night of it.

I've had a goofy idea brewing for a while now-- I think it'd be so cool if we could get folks together at least once a month for an informal "movie night", where we could watch some prime classics, or some newer, off-the-wall indie-type stuff, or whatever. Maybe plan it to involve a nice dinner beforehand, and perhaps a good wine (or dessert) while watching the film... and then afterwards, just sorta hang out and shoot the shit about what we just watched. It'd be kinda like a book club, but with films. Rob V and I have been doing this on and off for about 10 years now, and it's damn fun. I'd love to host something like that on a slightly larger scale, with more people, but I don't know how many folks would be interested in such a thing. Any takers?

B

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home