Sunday, March 26, 2006

Reunions and lame posts...

This will be pretty random...

My gas station has finally re-opened after being closed for several months for remodeling. Woo hoo! They kept the Art-Deco look about it as they rebuilt it. The garages are gone to make more room for junk food and such on the inside. It's easier to get in and out and the new pumps are pretty snazzy. It may sound boring, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Word on the street is that the Mercury Motel and Mercury Diner will be knocked down for another damn Walgreens. But then again would you turn down $3 million for your property?

Last week Jack Lessenberry had another great thought-provoking article in the Metro Times. Should we bring back the draft?

Last week's South Park was awesome! It was a "goodbye episode" for Chef. It was pretty brutal and another huge slap in the face to Scientology. Best episode ever!

Last night I went to a reunion party for the bar/night club that I used to hang out at back in the day. The place was at capacity and the times were good! It was great to see "The Non-Blogger" as well as T and K. I see "The Non-Blogger" from time to time, but not enough. I haven't seen T and K (former bartenders) in probably about 8 or 9 years. They're both married with kids now. I used to lust after these two lovely ladies. They still both look great! A large group of us went to the Coney Island across the street afterward. I didn't get home until 4:00AM. It was just like old times...

One thing that I learned about my trip to the bar last night is...
No matter how clean you think your shirt is it's filthy under a blacklight.

Today was a good day. I was invited for dinner with friends. The cassoulet was A-Okay, the wine was fine, and the conversation was lively.

I'm going to bed early tonight. I'm tired. Yesterday was my eighth day in a row working, I haven't been sleeping very well, I got home late last night...
Let's hope that I can sleep.

Borrowing from D...
ITMFA

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Although I do agree that it's sad that the Mercury is being knocked down, I'll be glad that there's finally a Walgreen's within walking distance. I hate and despise that Rite-Aid, merely hate the CVS, and Walgreen's is the only drugstore that carries my preferred allergies pills on a regular basis. I would prefer, of course, that they simply kick that damn Rite-Aid out and make that a Wal-Greens. I'd be really happy then.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home