Monday, April 24, 2006

Not as good as sex, better than bag fries...

24...what a f'in awesome show! Now I'm really upset with myself that I didn't watch the earlier seasons. But I don't know if previous seasons could be any better than this one because it's too frickin' perfect. The show is nail-bitingist of all time. I don't even have enough fingers. The guy who plays the President should get an Emmy (did you know that he played one of the Krishnas in Airplane?). Jean Smart in her "smartest" role ever (sorry for that one). William Devane taking the plunge. And now the biggest prick of all, the former Dr. "Rocket" Romano (actor Paul McCrane), comes on board. Who exactly is the President answering to? Peter Weller was a pretty big prick til' McCrane came on board. Did you know that Peter Weller is a professor at Syracuse? Ray Wise (Laura Palmer's dad) as VP is pretty damn cool too. My brain is about to burst. This season of 24 is too damn perfect. I really can't wait to see what happens every week. Is it the perfect show?

Maybe...
The Sopranos is pretty damn close competition. Arty went friggin' insane last night! It was awesome! The guest appearances by Sir Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall were pretty sweet! I was flipping channels last week when I caught about the last 45 minutes of True Romance...I forgot what a frickin' badass James Gandolfini was as Virgil. Great movie! Yeah...The Sopranos still rules!

Tonight on No Reservations Anthony Bourdain was in Sweden and spent about half the show bashing ABBA. Awesome! Also cool is that Anthony declared that his "desert island album" would be "Funhouse" by the Stooges.

That's all for now.

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

It's cool that he chose the Stooges, but bashing ABBA is NOT cool.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

Damn, Kathleen beat me to it! Grossly overplayed and over-hyped though they may have been back in the day, ABBA wrote great music. I still get goosebumps from the chord progressions in S.O.S. - brilliant!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home