Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving leftovers...

You Are 24% Nerdy

You're a little nerdy, but no one would ever call you a nerd.
You sometimes get into nerdy things, but only after they've become a part of mainstream culture.


Hey kids! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. This will be a short one. I've been pretty tired at night lately and too pooped to post. Work is a hoot! Lotsa fun. I think that next Saturday is my last day off until Christmas (putting both jobs together). That's completely uncool.

My Thanksgiving was nice. Good food, good wine. I drove to my parents' house. They live in the boonies. I ended up spending the night since I didn't have to work until Friday evening and the tryptophan kicked my ass but good. It was nice seeing my family and the eats were crazy good. The highlights though were probably seeing the stars from their backyard (not a lot of light pollution in the boonies) and playing Scrabble. I haven't seen the sky that clear since being in Kalangadoo, but I recognize some of the constellations in this hemisphere. The stars were brilliant and you could see strands of the wispy Milky Way. Simply beautiful. I was playing a game of Scrabble with my mom and played "FIEFDOM" on a Triple Word Score. The points weren't great, but it was a pretty damn cool word to play. I'm boring.

I worked at the restaurant on Friday and had to miss a party. I really wanted to go, but I have to pay the bills. Saturday was spent at the store. I had a good time with friends on Sunday going to dinner and catching a movie (Bobby).
Bobby was okay. Not great, not horrible, but okay. Considering the fact that Emilio Estevez wrote and directed it I'm actually impressed. I like Emilio Estevez and all, but I guess I wasn't expecting much from him. Lots of stars and mediocre performances. Could've been worse...

I've partially caught a Mitsubishi commercial a few times and noticed that The Fall are in it. I'd recognize Mark E. Smith's voice anywhere. Crazy! It's like the time I heard a Buzzcocks song in a car commerical years ago.

It's not time for my "Year's Best" lists yet, but I know that Borat and Clerks II are probably my two funniest movies of the year so far. When the Levees Broke: A Requiem, by Spike Lee, is probably the most important/impactful movie I've seen this year. I think that Spike Lee is an amazingly talented director when it comes to his regular work, but this documentary may be his finest work. Do what you can to see it.

I didn't even know until I opened my new Entertainment Weekly today that Robert Altman died. I think that he's one of the greatest directors of all time and the master of ensemble. I've enjoyed all of his films, but Short Cuts and M*A*S*H really stand out. Short Cuts is one of the best films I've ever seen. Mr. Altman will be sorely missed.

That's all for now...

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home