Thursday, February 22, 2007

As the world folds...

Funny- Today at work a customer called looking for a specific wine. The wine that he was looking for was Ruffino Libaio Chardonnay from Tuscany. The wine that he asked for was Ruffino Labia Chardonnay. I'm not going any further with that one. It took everything I had to not start snickering on the phone.

Sad- After work tonight I went over to Panera to get some food. My total was 17.26 and I handed the cashier a twenty. I was digging in my pocket for the $.26 and told her I had it and she didn't know what to do as she already rang it up as twenty. She had to ask another girl what to do. Luckily the other girl was not an idiot and told her to give me $3.00 back. It's a sad, sad world...

Scary/True- Read Jack Lessenberry's Metro Times column here.

Curiousity- Whatever happened to Anna Nicole Smith's freakishly obsessed troll-like assistant?

Wish- I really wish that I didn't have to work and that I'd get to spend my all of my time leisurely traveling the world. Sigh...

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I don't completely blame the cashier at Panera, because her manager should have taught her how to make change before throwing her up there. When I worked at BK, we weren't allowed to use the change maker function (mostly because it wasn't accurate), but my stupid manager also didn't teach me how to make change. When someone would give me six cents, the first few times it threw me for a loop (exact change, in my defense, wouldn't have), until somebody taught me the art of rounding up to the next quarter, etc.

The Jack Lessenberry column was definitely scary. Sometimes I really hate Republicans.

Who was Anna Nichole's assistant?

8:06 AM  
Blogger Glen said...

Ah, to ruffino the old labia...such simple times those were. And to travel the world as well...those would be salad days indeed!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home