Thursday, January 11, 2007

Somebody please give the President a bag of pretzels...

Hey kids! I hope that the new year is starting off well. It's been a pretty rough start in these parts.

I caught most of Dubya's speech tonight. He wants to deploy at least another 20,000 troops to Iraq. Yeah...he was the wrong one hanged last week. The world already hates us...lets just make it worse. I'll just leave it at that for now...

2007 is starting off with a choke-hold. A friend has hit a really bad, undeserved rough patch. It's a shock to all of us and I really don't know what advice to offer. All I can really do is listen and offer my friendship at this point. Luckily he as a large support system of friends and family. We've all got your back. Anything you need, just ask...

I don't want to sound all gloom and doom, but there's just a lot of bad shit going down between Iraq and a hard place, the local economy, the setbacks of friends, work, and otherwise. Everybody pray or hope for a better 2007. This shit sucks!

Sorry...let's talk about something else.

I have a question? Who the hell is Valero and where the hell did they all come from? I'm talking about this chain of gas stations that I've never heard of popping up all over the place. I could obviously look it up and I certainly will, but I'm just asking. Curious minds want to know.

Work is in a really weird place right now. I can't really write about anything yet. There's going to be something big happening. It could be a really great thing or a really bad thing. I don't really think there's any middle ground on this one. All I know is that it's really uncomfortable and painful right now. I don't get headaches, but I've got a huge one right now. It may have be work stress or it may have to do with the ammonia that I inhaled (don't ask).

Thanks to this unusually warm weather this winter in the northern hemisphere there may not be any icewines/Eisweins produced...

Other than Christmas Day and New Year's Day I haven't had a day off in about a month. I'm really looking forward to having this Sunday off. I'm doubly excited as I'm going with friends to see Savion Glover tapdancing at the Max along to the music of Duke Ellington. I've been invited to participate in a "Wine Jeopardy" tournament on Tuesday. It's a team event and it should be a lot of fun. The biggest highlight of next week will be my trip to New York. I'll only be there for two days but I'll be having a good time. I'll be visiting two Australian restaurants the first night and reuniting and rooming with one of my Australian co-travelers. Thursday I'll be pouring some Aussie wines at a huge trade tasting and then public tasting. Hopefully I'll have a little free time to sneak in another meal at some place cool. I'll be staying in SoHo really close to Chinatown. I'm really looking forward to it. Of course I'm looking forward to it for the above reasons, but probably mostly because I'll be away from work for a couple of days. That may be sad, but unfortunately it's true. Counting down to a day off...

Sorry I don't have a more uplifting or exciting post, but that's just the way it is sometimes...

ITMFA!

Random Poll- Have you gone mud-sledding or mud-skiing this winter?

Random Poll #2- Are you hopeful of 2007?

Random Poll #3- What are your thoughts on the Big 10 as a viable football conference?

Random Poll #4- Hypothetically... one of your business relationships tells you via telephone that there may be a job opportunity that you may be well suited for. Hypothetically... this person asks if you have any interest in managing a club. Hypothetically...you reply that you really don't, but it's always a possibility depending on the circumstances. Hypothetically...you ask what kind of club? Hypothetically...he replies "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah strip club." Hypothetically... this business aquaintance will get you more details. Hypothetically...you think to yourself that this is the kind of job you would have never considered, but it probably pays VERY well. And there's the moral dilemna...how much money would it take for you to take on such a job and what would you tell your friends and family...hypothetically? Would you be disappointed or lose respect for the person? Keep in mind that it could pay a lot and said person may not be happy with their current job. Money of course is not the most important thing in life, but it sure is helpful. Any thoughts on this hypothetical scenario? (The scenario is more of a long shot than a sure thing.)

Cheers,
Jason

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

#1 - I don't even go snow sledding or snow skiing.

#2 - You know where I work...what do you think?

#3 - It's football, I couldn't care less if I tried.

#4 - There was an old blogger who was the manager of a strip club. He seemed like a decent guy and it was essentially just a job. One which gave him great blog fodder. I think I still have the URL, even though he hasn't updated in years. Okay, I think it's on my old POS PC at home. Remind me and I'll plug the stupid thing in and get it for you.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh yeah, I forgot, I've been asking the same thing about Valero. Why have I never heard of them?

And I found the URL after all:

http://tjsplace.blogspot.com/

7:31 AM  
Blogger Glen said...

Managing a strip club comes with a whole new set of challanges. Among the things to consider is how much closer you will be to the fringes of society and the inherent problems therein. Strippers come with drug problems, jealous man problems, crime problems and other not-so-nice-to-deal-with problems. If you are not careful the atmosphere could change you as a person.
So on the plus side you would get to be around naked women all day and probably get laid a lot...those kind of women don't often meet genuine nice guys like you and they will take to you quickly, but the rest of it would be a complex balancing act. You will have to head off potentially explosive situations all the time.

So in a nutshell, yep you would be good at it but it's not all cherries....so to speak.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home