Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Death of a President

Unfortunately the wrong one. President Gerald Ford has passed away at the age of 93. This follows the death of James Brown. I guess the song "James Brown is Dead" finally has merit. I wonder if the two deaths are related?

Hey kids! Christmas is finally f'in over! Christmas + retail = CRAPFEST! I'm so glad it's over. I worked just under 80 hours two weeks ago and slightly less than that last week. No fun! No fun at all! Being shortstaffed didn't help much either. New Years is nothing compared to Christmas. This week will be easy by comparison. I won't go into much detail, but things generally sucked. The best thing about Christmas day this year was simply having a day off.

I hope you all had a nice Christmas. Mine was decent enough. I really don't have much to report as I didn't have any free time to do anything. I did get together with some good friends for dinner and a gift exchange. My lovely friends (sisters) got me a kick-ass 550 watt 1/2 HP Waring Pro Blender for Christmas. It could puree a cow. In fact, I think I may try that sometime. Instant beef soup I guess.

There are a few interesting things coming up. This Saturday is a party at BST's and Monday is our college group's Secret Santa exchange. Both should be fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing Savion Glover in a couple weeks. I have tickets to see Savion Glover tapdancing along with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra at the Max. That should be a hoot. He's an amazing tapdancer! Simply amazing! I think that he's going to dance along to Duke Ellington. A couple days after that I'll be participating in a wine "Jeopardy" style tournament. One of my distributor reps asked me to compete on his team. That should be a lot of fun. The next morning I'm leaving for New York for a couple days for the big Aussie wine event. I found out that I'm staying in SoHo so that'll be pretty cool. I love SoHo and the West Village. I'm really looking forward to that. I found out that one of my traveling compatriots from my trip in 2003 will be there and we're sharing a room. I haven't seen him since the trip so it'll be great to catch up with him. What's better than a trip to New York in the middle of January? Absolutely nothing! I just have to make it through the next couple of weeks at work. It'll be rough. That's all for now. I'm actually working on some Best Of/Top 10/Worst Of style lists for an upcoming post. Hopefully I'll be able to post it within the next few days. Have a great New Years everybody! I'll be at home alone crying myself to sleep...well, I hope not to be crying.

Random Poll- What was the highlight of your Christmas?

Random Poll- Where the hell is the snow and the cold?

ITMFA!

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

Random Poll- What was the highlight of your Christmas? Cheesy Potatoes and ham, and more ham.

Random Poll- Where the hell is the snow and the cold? I think it's in Flin Flon or Swift Current. One nice upshot of the mild winter is that oil prices are falling back to the levels at which they should be. Oil companies ARE the devil.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home