Monday, April 18, 2005

Schtuff...

Hmmm...
Not much to report...

I thought it was kind of interesting last week when I was flipping through channels and Michael Jackson was not billed as "International Pop Superstar" or "World Pop Sensation", but "Accused Child Molester".

Diggin' my new computer and my new super-fast cable/wireless hookup!

Diggin' my new Blundstone Boots! All the winemakers in Australia wear them...

Waiting for my minimalist tax refunds...

Really loving the new John Doe album...

Saw Millions last night... Great f'in movie! It's directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting and 28 Days Later), but it's a kid's movie. It's sweet, hopeful, clever, and poignant. Well done!

Did not see Mondovino as I had planned...

Apparently I'm going to Boca Raton, Florida for a long weekend in May for a big wine show. The store owner can't go so I'm getting sloppy seconds. Hotel, airfare, two meals, extra travel expenses...FREE!!! The costs are being covered by some French company. I guess it's a big show of European wineries looking for importers. I'm going to taste lots of wine and make recommendations to any of the approximately 20 distributors that I deal with. Not bad. I've never been to Florida and I've never had any major desire as I hate heat, humidity, and bugs. But I'll take a free trip any day. I've got to get a hold of a woman in France to finalize transportation/hotel arrangements tomorrow. My evenings are free so hopefully I can have some fun. There are usually lots of wine and dine opportunities during these big trade shows. Do I go for the free dinners or venture out on my own and pay??? A Cuban sandwich in Miami sounds good. Should I get a rental car or use cabs???We'll see.

The History Channel was showing Band of Brothers last week. I watched it every night. I do own the DVD set, but it's like crack...when you start watching you're hooked. Great, great, great mini-series!

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Hi Eri,
Unfortunately Ariel is the best N/A available. Body comes from alcohol and fruit ripeness. N/A's just don't cut it in the body department. An N/A wine potentially could have more body if the fruit was fully ripe when harvested. Better fruit is more expensive and I don't see Ariel, Fre, or St. Regis buying Napa fruit. So basically...no there isn't currently such a thing. Given the option I'd rather drink N/A beer than N/A wine as it more closely resembles the real thing. I reckon you could experiment with Knox unflavored gelatin packets to add more density/viscosity...kidding.
Cheers,
Jason

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home