Monday, July 18, 2005

A quickee if you please...

This is going to be a really short one. I saw The Wedding Crashers today. Hilarious!!! It's probably my Anchorman of 2005. There is a special appearance in the end by a nameless celebrity. I don't know if it's supposed to be a secret or not, so I won't reveal who it is. I'll tell you if you want to know, but otherwise go find out for yourself. It's actually not that exciting (the identity of the mystery celebrity), but it's good for a laugh or two. The Wedding Crashers...funny shit! Vince Vaughn's best work yet...better than Swingers.

On a quick wine note...I tasted the 2003 d'Arenberg Ironstone Pressings, Coppermine Road, and Dead Arm yesterday. They're all pretty damn good. The Ironstone Pressings was showing the best (it's a GSM), but the Dead Arm Shiraz and Coppermine Road Caberntet Sauvignon will overtake it soon enough. They are all delicious now, but they also have a beautiful future ahead of them. d'Arenberg has always been one of my favorite wineries and these three beauties shine. I like these 03's better than the 02's. Perhaps my favorite d'Arenberg vintage since 1998. It's too soon to tell, really, but damn they were good!!! I'd like to try them all again in 6 months or so (if not sooner).

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home