Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Tributaries of Streams of Unconsciousness...

I'm really enjoying Neflix so far. Tonight I watched a great film starring Noah Taylor (my favorite actor) called He Died With a Felafel In His Hand. I put it in my queue because it's an Australian Noah Taylor film that I hadn't seen, and that's good enough for me. It was very good. A little eccentric, quirky, darkly comic, and sort of unique. It's got a kickin' soundtrack that includes Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ("The Mercy Seat" and "Into My Arms"), The Stranglers, Roland S. Howard, Moby, The Mamas and the Papas, and more. There was a very funny reference (so I thought, but I like my humor DARK) that the perfect conditions for committing suicide include listening to Nick Cave at 3:00AM. Actually she was trying to do it to "The Mercy Seat" (probably my favorite Nick Cave song and the source of my blog URL). The film is part of the Film Movement portfolio and each DVD includes a short film. This one included a hilarious short called Time Out. Very funny. You can find and watch the trailer for He Died With a Felafel In His Hand here (you'll need Quicktime). Put it in your Neflix queue...

I received my ticket to Switzerland today. October is just too damn far away and a week is just not enough time...

I forgot to mention in the last post that I had a pleasant surprise on Sunday. I was flipping through the channels before leaving to see The Wedding Crashers (SEE IT!) only to discover my college friend Maya hosting Viewpoint with James Zogby on PBS. She was filling in for the regular host. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to watch it, but I did throw a tape in the VCR. The topics were G8 and the Middle East and the London Bombing. I'll try to watch it this week. The parts that I did see were very well done. It wasn't even on Detroit TV...since we've had WOW cable we get both Detroit and Flint PBS stations. I caught it on the Flint station. My timing was almost perfect. WTG Maya!

Go here if you'd like to sign a petition opposing John Roberts' Supreme Court nomination...

I caught a few minutes of MTV's The 70's House tonight...
Those kids are idiots. The two facing elimination didn't recognize Dorothy Hamill or "The Unknown Comic". They thought that "The Unknown Comic" was actually a joke. Stupid kids...didn't they watch any TV when they were kids?

Did you hear about the crazy security measures guarding the release of the new Harry Potter book? Insane!

Kendall-Jackson is about to make a huge mistake. They've announced that they want all of the sourced grapes in the Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay to be estate grown. They want to raise the price as they feel that they're too inexpensive now and priced against "lesser competitors". They feel that having all estate grown fruit will improve it's reputation. That's all fine and good, but I think that raising the price of Vintner's Reserve will all but kill the brand. Why mess with a good (and very profitable) thing?

Rumor has it that Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston are dating. Good for both of them! Vince Vaughn is hilarious in The Wedding Crashers...go see it this weekend! It's funny...I was watching Law and Order SVU tonight and the guy playing an asshole lawyer played the asshole boyfriend in the movie.

Let's hope that Freman Hendrix keeps his lead in the Detroit mayoral race...

I've noticed that one of the Dearborn City Council candidates (whom I otherwise can't stand) is playing the "No Paid Parking" card on his lawn signs. I think that this will practically guarantee his re-election. The city has royally messed up the parking situation... Like Ivory Soap I'd say that 99 and 44/100% of our customers complain about the eventual paid parking... You better play along before they eminent-domain your ass!

Looking forward to a big wine drinking fest this Sunday at my coworker's house. It's his wife's annual B-Day bash and lots of great fermented grape juice will flow...

If American toilets flush clockwise and Australian toilets flush counter-clockwise how do toilets flush at the Equator?

I saw the trailer for the Dukes of Hazzard movie. It looks like they dumbed down the Dukes of Hazzard. Is it possible to make it MORE retarded? Although I'm knocking the show I did watch it religiously when I was a kid until it jumped the shark with Coy and Vance...

I was hoping to catch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the IMAX but I don't know if I'll have the time...

One of my favorite wholesale wine-reps is getting out of the wine business...good for him!

Dumb question of the day- A customer asked me where we keep the expensive white zinfandels (like $50.00 and up). It's a common question.

Did you know that a customer will scurry away and hide like a cockroach when they break an item??? Must be the damn wind!

When exactly did thongs become flip-flops and dental floss become thongs?

Weird fact- I recently found out that the kid who played Boxy in the original Battlestar Galactica (Noah Hathaway) played Atreyu in The Neverending Story.

"Build Your Dream Sundae Challenge"- Please respond and let me know what your dream ice cream sundae would consist of using three flavors of ice cream and five toppings. (Toppings do not have to be traditional)

Random poll- Would you rather be trapped in a room with Richard Simmons, Geraldo Rivera, Pat Buchanan, Flavor Flav, Bill O'Reilly, Fran Drescher, or a starving Kodiak bear?

Cheers,
Jason

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Why would anybody want an EXPENSIVE White Zinfandel?

Richard Simmons, so I can find out if he's spastic all the freaking time or just in front of a camera.

7:16 AM  
Blogger www.vincentreborn.blogspot.com said...

Noah Taylor, yeah the guy's pretty special, probably my favourite local actor, he's been in some great films and no doubt, that his presence in those films, helped to cultivate that greatness I spose...such a beautiful and fragile way about his potrayal of certain characters. No Russell Crowe

8:01 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Flavor Flav!!!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger JulieU. said...

Not knowing anything about wine, but isn't zinfindel the equivalent of Shasta?

I guess Geraldo Rivera so I could constantly call him Jerry Rivers (real name, I am told) until his head exploded. Just doin' my best for mankind...

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home