Monday, September 05, 2005

"Another One Bites the Dust" and random jibber-jabber...

I hope that everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. This is the first Labor Day that I didn't have to "labor" in probably 11 years or so. The store actually closed on Labor Day Monday this year. My weekend was fairly uneventful. I ended up not going to the "F Work Party" and I feel that I really should have gone to lend some support for DJ DAVO. Hopefully next year. My roommate invited some people over today (I found out today), but luckily they're all people I liked, so that was okay.

I've been at this job for 6 years now this month. Feels like I've been there for a life sentence.

Switzerland is less than a month away!!!
Tick tock tick tock...

This is the crest for Kanton (county) Schaffhausen. I will be visiting relatives in Kanton and Stadt (city) Schaffhausen. I've been thinking getting this as another tattoo...

Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist died Saturday night. Dubya has nominated fellow uberconservative John Roberts to replace him as Chief Justice. Ouch! Rehnquist was pretty far right...lets just hope this guy plays it as neutral as can be. And lets hope that the other upcoming Supreme Court appointment hasn't been bred in the "Red State Genepool", cuz' somebody peed in it. Cue Queen here...

Apparently they started pumping water out of New Orleans today. They say that it may take up to 80 days to pump all of the water out. Holy shit! 80 days ?!?! That's insane. Apparently all of the buildings will have to be bulldozed as well. Each new day that I watch the news I'm further blown away and disgusted by what's going on in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama. It's simply unfathomable. Let's get those troops in there now. Not just the National Guard, but all the folks currently stationed in the Middle East. Let's also get some of the billions ear-marked for Iraq re-routed to the South. The recent additional 8 billion allocated to Iraq seemed to pass through Congress fairly easily. How about upping the allocation numbers to our own nation in turmoil?

Have you seen this possum phlegm? I've commented on it before, but there's a new season of My Super Sweet 16 on MTV. I can't wait for the technology that will allow me to slap somebody through a TV screen. I'm somehow drawn to it. It's like watching a trainwreck with 3D glasses. The premise is that these super-spoiled, super-whiny, super-bitchy, super-rich 15 year old brats from hell have there "Sweet 16" party documented on film. All you have to do is watch one episode to hate an entire generation of teenagers. Kids today need to be spanked!!! Many of these parties cost upwards of $500,000!!! This usually includes bodyguards/security, dancers, DJs, stylists, etc.

My favorite/least favorite has been stuck-up bitch Ava.

This girl went shopping for her dress in Paris and then went on a bitch-rampage when her mom canceled her credit card when she snuck out of the house for the weekend and was later rewarded with a Range Rover. You have to see it to believe it!

I've never had a birthday party, but if I did I'm sure it would be more along the lines of the Chuck E. Cheese's or funny hat/pinata variety. When I turned 16 I think my mom made pizza and I did not get a stretch Hummer to take me anywhere (they didn't even have them back then). It was pretty low-key to say the least. At least I was never molested by a party clown...

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I was flipping channels last week and I saw something that frightened the hell out of me. Apparently there was a follow-up show to The Golden Girls called The Golden Palace. The "girls" opened a hotel (sans Bea Arthur) and it also starred Don Cheadle and Cheech Marin. Don Cheadle?!?!? I guess everybody has to get their start somewhere...

...and another blog quiz type thing...
What Your Underwear Says About You

You tend to throw out your underwear after a few months. It gets used and abused!

You're not afraid to lay around resting your hand in your pants.


Actually, I probably keep my underwear longer than I should. No comment on the second part...

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home