Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cool beans in Detroit...

Wow! There's a myriad of interesting stuff going on in the D right now!



Perhaps the coolest thing is that The Muppet Movie is going to be showing at the Main this Friday and Saturday at midnight! Anyone interested? (Either night would work for me at this point). YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I've mentioned before what a genius I think Jim Henson was. One of the greatest!

I also may have mentioned that the Buzzcocks are playing at the Shelter this Friday. It's unfortunate that I probably won't be going and that's a damn shame. The Shelter is way too small a venue for one of the world's best bands. That's also what would make the show so damn cool. I think the last time I saw a show at the Shelter it was Half Japanese about 10 years ago. A friend of mine is friends with Jad Fair's brother David. Jad is as strange as they say. That made for an interesting evening...

Buzzcocks


Half Japanese


Do put away your kicker boots yet! The Germs are also coming soon (to the Magic Stick). Of course Darby Crash won't be there, but as far as I know legendary guitarist Pat Smear will...



The biggest frickin' shock of all is that Tom Waits is coming to town. WTF?!?!? As far as I know Tom Waits has never played Detroit and he probably never will again. I'd LOVE to see him, but unfortunately yet hopefully I'll be back at the restaurant by then. I'll try to get the night off (assuming I can get tickets). Ticket sales are especially fascist. Tickets go on sale at 10:00AM this Friday for an August 11th show, but tickets are ONLY available through the Ticketbastard website or phone number. They are NOT available at Ticketwhore outlets or at the venue. There is a limit of 2 tix per person. I'll do what I can...it's probably the only chance I'll ever have of seeing him live. I still can't believe that Tom f'in Waits is coming to Detroit. Strange but true...


Mission of Burma is coming soon too!
Dang!

Work is really weird right now. I'll have more details when it's safe.

Another interesting opinion piece from Jack Lessenberry here.

I'm looking forward to see Clerks 2 and Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby this summer. I need a laugh the way everything is going in this country. Trailers from both look hilarious.

Stupid ad of the week- I was flipping through my new issue of Food and Wine when I came upon an ad for a food product. The flavor shown was "Wild Salmon Florentine in a Delicate Sauce with Garden Greens". Sounds delicious, right? The add is for frickin' Fancy Feast cat food. I wonder if it's line caught or day boat salmon???

There was a pretty interesting article in the new Food and Wine about biodegradable disposable, plates, utentils, etc. made out of potato, sugar cane, and corn. Also was a great idea to by products made from bamboo as it is one of the world's fastest growing plants. Great idea!

Sorry for all the filler...slow news day on my part.

Random poll- Who was your favorite Muppet (excluding Kermit)? Did you prefer "Pigs in Space" or "The Swedish Chef"?

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

The Muppet Movie at midnight? That's freaking awesome!

Fave Muppet? Wow, that's hard. Kermie is, of course, #1, but after that? How can you choose between Fozzie Bear, Rowlf the Dog, Gonzo, Animal, et al.?

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home