Monday, September 17, 2007

More great Aussie cinema...

Hey kids!



Just a quickie...
I just finished watched a great Aussie film called The Tracker starring the amazing David Gulpilil. You'd most likely know him from Crocodile Dundee, but he's turned in some stellar performances in Walkabout (One of my all time faves...directed by Nicholas Roeg who was a photographer on Lawrence of Arabia which I just happened to watch this week. He also direced The Man Who Fell to Earth (!) and Full Body Massage (?)), The Proposition, and Rabbit-Proof Fence. It's quite a good film and David Gulpilil's first starring role. Luckily I searched through the extras on the DVD and noticed that there was a documentary on David Gulpilil included called Gulpilil: One Red Blood. Mr. Gulpilil is a fascinating individual. The duality of his lifestyle is very interesting. He's traveled the world and tried just about everything, but the vast majority of his life is spent living a VERY traditional Aboriginal lifestyle. He only speaks English in big cities or when filming. He's not a rich man and actually has many traditional troubles in his life. I'm really looking forward to Ten Canoes which is coming out on DVD on the 25th of this month!

I had a nice birthday weekend. Thanks everyone (especially Perl) for a nice party on Saturday! I'll have more details about the last week soon.

My vacation is over. It's back to work in the morning. Yeah...I'm really not into that. It was really nice not thinking about work for a week...

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh no, more movies to watch! I just watched The Man Who Fell To Earth. That director/producer's been around a long time.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home