Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving...

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! This is just a quick one. The only time I eat canned green beans all year is on Thanksgiving in the classic green bean casserole (green beans, mushroom soup, and fried onions...you know the one). Normally I eat fresh grean beans, but you can't screw with a classic. It just wouldn't be the same. Well, this year my mom (who is a great cook and a saintly person) switched it up a bit. She used the "French Cut" style canned green beans. You'd think that it would be just the same other than texturally. It isn't. Good. Entirely edible. But there was something slightly "off" about it. It just isn't the same. Try it for yourself if you dare. I'm putting my tryptiphan-whooped ass to bed (turkey and 6 hours of driving don't mix).
Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

In my family, the infamous Green Bean Casserole has always been made with French-style cut green beans. I'm not a huge fan, but it would be weird to have it made with regular beans - all in what you're used to, eh?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home