Friday, December 24, 2004

"Ohhhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddge..."

"Only I didn't say "fudge". I said the word. The big one. The Queen Mother of all dirty words. The F dash dash dash word."
I just realized that I hadn't watched A Christmas Story yet this year, so I made a point to watch it. It's hilarious as ever. It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street may be Christmas customs in some households (both are fantastic), but it's A Christmas Story for me. Some of the most quotable lines in movie history can be found in this joyous Christmas film.
"How do little piggies eat?"
"Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie."
"FRAGILE. Must be Italian."
"You'll shoot your eye out."
Ralphie's optimism is unswerving. This is a nice, harmless, thoroughly enjoyable film. Bad Santa may soon become another Christmas classic in my home. It is neither nice or harmless, but it's thoroughly enjoyable. There's nothing like a Christmas film that makes you feel dirty.

One more retail day 'til Christmas. I'm looking forward to Christmas more as a day off than as a holiday at this point. I work until 6:00 on Christmas Eve and then it's off on a three hour drive to my parents. I'll be spending the night and then spending Christmas day at their house (a change in plans). My aunt and her husband will be driving up to my parents' this year instead of us driving to their place in Macomb Township. I may or may not spend Christmas night at my parents. Kelvin Pritchett (Detroit Lions Defensive Tackle) called me at the store and said he'd drop off some tickets for Sunday's game. I'm not a huge football fan, but he got me tickets for the Green Bay game earlier this year and I had a great time (they got their asses kicked). It's the last home game and a nice gesture. Marcus Bell and Corey Redding (a DT and a DE) also came in the store today and I sold them some wine and booze for the holidays. These guys (all three of them) are really huge, really nice guys. If he drops the tickets off I might not spend the night at my parents on Saturday because it's a 1:00PM game on Sunday. I also need to find someone who'd like to go with me. I have an offer out to my friend Glen, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I've got lots of friends, but amazingly not too many of them are football fans. I've got a couple of other people in mind if Glen can't go. You'll be hearing from me soon if that's the case.

I'd like to thank my reader (singular) or readers a peaceful and joyous Christmas. Wishing you the best this holiday season. May all your dreams come true. I won't be posting until after Christmas as I won't have access to a computer until I get back home.

Watch A Christmas Story and A Charlie Brown Christmas, drink some eggnog (with booze in it), and have a most Merry Christmas. Wishing you, your friends, and your family peace and joy. Enjoy your time with your loved ones and enjoy your day off. Peace and love.

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for plural readers Jason.
Merry F'in christmas.
Perl!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home