Thursday, January 06, 2005

2005...off to a really bad start...

I was hoping that 2005 would be a much better year than 2004 and that there would be a noticeable difference right off the bat. So much for that. Turns out that the guy who was murdered in his Ferndale recording studio was a good friend of one of my coworkers. They hung out just a few days ago. Apparently he got a call to meet some friends and he agreed and said that he'd be there shortly after taking a shower. He never showed up. My friend said he drove by the police-tape the next morning. He said that AJ Abdullah (the victim) was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. That's a very upsetting way to start off the year. My condolences to his family and friends.

Work is absolutely insane. We're implementing the new computer system and it's a nightmare. Don't get me started...

I read a great nickname for President Bush in the Metro Times today that made me laugh...
"President Fucktard"
It's simple, as if a potty-mouthed elementary school kid came up with it, but it's dead-on funny.

Apparently ABC News has declared "us" (bloggers) the People of the Year. Cool. Do we get a trophy or any cash?

I recently heard about some Pogues re-issues (with extra tracks) that just came out. I'm all about that. I hope to pick up one of each at Glen's store. I loves me a drunken Shane McGowan.

Here's a random poll. Who's uglier? Lemmy (Motorhead) or Shane MacGowan? Let me know what you think.

It snowed a helluva lot today. It's still snowing (1:30AM). Oy. It seems that "normal" weather is gone. I remember when I was young and weather was relatively predictable. It seems that no matter what time of year it is there are "extremes". Extreme cold, extreme snow, extreme heat, extreme humidity, extreme flooding...all in random succession. Has "normal" weather gone the way of Steve Guttenberg's career? Perhaps it's a warning of the next "ice age" or the pending, previously discussed apocalypse. "Locusts, and Dubya, and tsunamis..oh my!!!"

Sat on my lazy ass tonight and watched 3 back to back episodes of Law and Order-SVU. Good stuff. I really enjoyed Christopher Meloni in Oz and he's doing a bang up job in SVU. He reminds me of a slightly less intense Elias Koteas.

Hope that your 2005 is off to a great start!

Cheers,
Jason

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Gotta go with Shane as being uglier than Lemmy - and I love the Pogues and no nothing about Motorhead or whatever that band is.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemmy for sure.... unless Shane has puke all over him. Perl

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Shit. "know" not "no"

2:26 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

Lemmy has multiple hairs growing from his facial warts AND the rotten teeth...plus he has nailed 2 of the ugly chicks in Girlschool. Shane basically just has the teeth and sneer thing working for him. If you cleaned them up for a trial Shane would look more presentable, therefore Lemmy wins!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home