Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 Book of the Year

My book of the year for 2004 was actually released in 2003, but I didn't read it until 2004. Sue me. My book of the year for 2004 is...

The Apprentice-My Life in the Kitchen by Jacques Pepin

This is the autobiography of one of my favorite chef/author/TV personalities of all time. This well written bio is like crack for foodies like me. It's smart and thoughtful and his life has been a surprisingly fascinating one. Read this if you're a foodie or not. You'll likely become one if you weren't before. You'll laugh and salivate. I read it in one day because I couldn't put it down. It's only 293 pages and there's a recipe at the end of every chapter. He was one of my favorite "celebrities" before I read it and now I respect him so much more. He's a kind and brilliant person. Enjoy.

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home