Thursday, April 21, 2005

Drivel and brain-droppings...

Work really sucked rhino balls today...SURPRISE!!! Actually, our server went down for the vast majority of the day. This leaves me behind on a lot of computer work. I'll have to try to catch up on all of that tomorrow in addition to tomorrow's work. Oy!

I went online to check out the hotel I'm going to be staying at in Florida and I must say it looks pretty swanky... I've really never been anywhere warm before...you know...with palm trees and such. While I was in Sydney I was there during Spring when it was cool and sunny. I did see palm trees there and also in southern Switzerland. I guess I've never been anywhere tropical-like. Come to think of it I did see some palm trees in Sacramento... I was thinking of venturing out in the Miami area, but I might not with a beach like that at my disposal... I grew up in Oregon and I'd been to the coast numerous times, but I only remember the sun being out twice (one of those times was in Brookings near the California border). This should be a nice change-up. I hope there's a breeze...

I'm really looking forward to my vacation this July with friends...I really just need to veg out and "out-lazy a Teamster" as Homer Simpson once put it.

I watched two great back-to-back specials on PBS tonight about "Alien Invasion" (introduction of new species of plants and animals to a new environment and the dangerous affect they have on it) and global warming...both hosted by Edward Norton. Another great performance from one of America's best all-time actors. Very interesting stuff...

I'm still waiting to hear more details on the La Shish IRS raid...
I guess I'll have a fresh-squeezed orange juice, a small fattoush, and mjadara while I'm waiting...and some more bread...with garlic sauce...EXTRA GARLIC SAUCE PLEASE!!!

My friend's sister got some nice press in both Real Detroit Weekly and the Metro Times this week. Way to go Loretta Lucas!!!

Ira Glass from NPR's "This American Life" will be performing in Ann Arbor this December. Tickets go on sale Saturday?!?!? Isn't that a little early? I'd love to go, but I don't want to commit to tickets this early.

I was offered two tickets to the John Scofield Trio/Brad Mehldau Trio double-bill tomorrow and I can't go. I called up my jazz-head friends and none of them can go either. It's a damn shame. Brad Mehldau is best new pianist I've heard in years. Benny Green is pretty awesome, but he's not as experimental...

I've noticed lately that a lot of acts are playing at the Masonic. I haven't seen anything at the Masonic since a production of the "Phantom of the Opera" about 12 or so years ago...and a production of "The Magic Flute" about 15 years ago. It's a nice venue and I'm glad to see it being utilized.

I also just read that the Undertones are coming...and the New York Dolls (separately)! What's up with the sudden influx of good shows? It's like it was 12 years ago. There seems to have been a long dry patch of good shows lately. There's always a good show here and there, but they never seem to accumulate...

So far Patrick Duffy is winning the "coolest" poll...by 1 vote (literally). Let's hear from you...

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home