Tuesday, August 09, 2005

3000 hits! Thanks Dr. Porkenheimer!

According to Sitemeter I've gotten my 3000th hit today. That's kind of cool seeing as I started less than a year ago. However, probably half of those hits probably came from people Googling/yahooing/etc "Dr. Porkenheimer's Boner Juice" and stumbling onto my site. Anyway, thanks everybody for stopping by!

I'm very happy to know that the space shuttle Discovery landed safely. That's quite a relief. Welcome back to Earth! Apparently the future of the space program is questionable though...

On a sad note...
Anchorman Peter Jennings died yesterday at the age of 67 of lung cancer. Peter Jennings was a fixture throughout my life. I grew up in an ABC News household and continued watching it as I preferred it over the coverage of CBS and NBC. He was definite favorite of the "Big 3". Peter Jennings always kept a cool head and presented in a clean, precise, professional manner. I'll miss him. It's up to a new generation now. It's sad to lose another great Canadian...

Another stolen blog quiz (from Kathleen). This one's kinda cool...
The idea is that all of the questions are answered with song titles from one band. The band that I'm going to use is Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Here we go...

Are you male or female: Long Time Man

Describe yourself: The Carny

How do some people feel about you: Stranger Than Kindness

How do you feel about yourself: Darker With the Day

Describe your current significant other: Nobody's Baby Now

Describe where you want to be: City of Refuge

Describe what you want to be: Rock of Gibraltar

Describe how you live: I Let Love In

Describe how you love: Into My Arms

Share a few words of wisdom: People Ain't No Good

That sorta worked...

Another stolen blog quiz (this one is from Julie). The idea of this one is to do a Google Image search of the answers and post the pictures that come up. I will be somewhat selective as I've already encountered a penis searching for "33"...

The age you will be on your next birthday

The place where you live

Your favorite color

The place you want to get married

Your first love

Your favorite fruit or vegetable

Your favorite animal

The name of your pet (my landlords')

Last name of your favorite actor

Your favorite song

A bad habit of yours

Your middle name




Another stolen quiz from Kathleen...

01. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at? To see if I need to shave...hopefully not.

02. How much cash do you have on you? About 4 bucks

03. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"? Breast (tee hee tee hee)

04. Favourite plant? grapevine

05. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? No cell phone

06. What is your main ring tone on your phone? Again, no cell phone

07. What shirt are you wearing? White V-Neck undershirt (I'm at home and the AC is out)

08. Do you "label" yourself? Yep. Fat, poor, underachiever

09. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing? Barefoot (Blundstone boots earlier)

10. Do you prefer a bright or dark room? Dark

11. What did you have for breakfast? Nothin'

Where is #12?

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Watching TV

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? No cell phone

15. Do you ever click on "Pop Ups" or Banners? Hello no!

16. What's an expression that you say a lot? "Oy vay Maria" or "F*ck"

17. Who told you they loved you last? My mom. I think she's the only one other than relatives and my co-worker and his wife.

18. Last furry thing you touched? Huey

19. How many hours a week do you work? 51+

20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? One that's only half used. The last pics taken on the roll were in February. I need to take more pics on it of something now that I've gone digital.

21. Favourite age you have been so far? 22 (94' was a good year) or 31 (Australia)

22. Your worst enemy? Dubya

23. What is your current desk top picture? The Palace Hotel in Broken Hill, NSW, Australia

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? I put the vodka on your deck. (Don't ask)

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose? Million bucks! All the mistakes I've made led me to be the person I am today with lots of great friends that I wouldn't trade for the world.


I'm really glad that Julie and Glen had a safe and fun trip to London and Paris (even if she hated Paris...)

Only 39 days to go to Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home