Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Maynard G. Krebs bongos no more...


Bob Denver, the actor who played beatnik Maynard G. Krebs on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, passed away on September 2, 2005, from complications of cancer treatment. Apparently he also played some other character named Gilligan(?)...
This was to be his last 3-hour tour...

I know that Gilligan's Island was stupid and that they would never get off the damn island, but I watched it religiously when I was a kid. The humor was infantile and harmless physcical comedy. The perfect sort of show for an 8-year old who also appreciates a good fart joke. Bob Denver, as Gilligan, always brought me a laugh even if it was the 20th time I had seen the predictable episode. My hat's off to you Bob! You and your island pals brainwashed a generation (thanks also belong to The Brady Bunch)...

...in "researching" this post I discovered that the Professor and MaryAnn also have their own official websites. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home