Friday, November 11, 2005

Oh! Look at the myriad of pretty colors...

A bunch of firetrucks just drove by the house with their lights flashing. I looked out the screen door and saw 3 firetrucks, 2 advanced life support trucks, a fire captain's SUV, and a police car in front of the apartment building down the street. It's really nothing out of the ordinary as the police or fire department are called there quite a bit. They were all gone within 5 minutes. Must have been a false alarm. At least I had a free lightshow for a while.

I actually went to see a doctor today. I had tried making an appointment this week, but they were all booked up, but then I got a call that there was an opening at 3:00 if I could make it. I left work and got there pretty quickly. It was my first time visiting this doctor. I had picked his name out of the insurance book, but actually because I knew the guy as an occasional wine customer. He's a really nice guy and pretty young. I explained my scenario and he gave me a quick check and agreed that I am indeed congested and got me out of there pretty quickly with some sample meds (freebies). He gave me some antibiotics and Nasonex for a sinus infection. He also recommended a good over the counter cough syrup and some Aleve Cold & Sinus. Hopefully I'll be able to shake this thing soon. I've been feeling a lot better the last few days, but now my ribs are sore from all of the coughing. We'll see what happens...

Speaking of cough syrup...
I had been using Robitussin before seeing the doctor and I realized that it still tastes as icky as it did when I was a kid. I still make a face with that stuff. So I went to CVS tonight to pick up some of the recommended 12 hour stuff. This stuff is supposed to be more potent and longer lasting...and it tastes great!!! The box said that it has a great orange flavor...and it does!!! So why do they still make cough syrup that tastes like transient taint?

Speaking of CVS...
I was looking for the Aleve Cold & Sinus and couldn't find it anywhere. I glanced over to a rack of cards with pictures of certain medications on them. Apparently you take the card to the pharmacist and they'll give you the over the counter drug. I thought that was sort of odd, but then I realized maybe it's because you can make crystal meth out of the stuff. Who knows? I don't cook my own meth...I buy it. I don't want my house to blow up. (For the record, I do NOT use crystal meth)

Speaking of crystal meth...
Not really, but kind of. It's kind of funny, we sell whipped cream chargers, but really haven't capitalized on the whippet market. Apparently some party stores in the area will sell them individually for $10 or $20 knowing what the kids will do with them. We sell boxes of chargers for $10.00. I don't think they've caught on yet that we sell them. The people that buy them from us actually use them for whipping cream...or so I've been led to believe. Maybe that 70 year old woman is addicted to the nitrous...

Another dumb ass quote from Pat Robertson here. Dover, Pennsylvania rejected the teaching of "Intelligent Design" and Pat Robertson and God are apparently going to send a shitstorm their way. Sounds like he's follower of "Ignorant Design". Hey! Pat Robertson! God hates you!!! I really hope that he doesn't run for President again, because he may actually have a chance the way the society is today.

Praying, constipated, or trying to kill kittens with his mind?

Here is another link to the fabulously clever and hilarious Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Duh! A new poll says that Americans think that Dubya isn't honest. Link to the story here.

The world is really sucking right now. Maybe George Carlin should run for President...

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home