Thursday, December 01, 2005

Another lost celebrity, other stuff, and a survey...

It seems that everybody is dying these days. A sad farewell to Wendie Jo Sperber. You probably remember her best from Bosom Buddies. She succumbed to breast cancer after an 8 year struggle.



Have you tried Google Earth? It's pretty damn cool, if not kind of scary. I tried looking at places like Area 51, Guantanamo Bay, and some spots in the Middle East and it's obvious that they've been blocked out. Some areas are a little more detailed than others. The satellite photos are a little old. Our garden isn't done yet and there's a red car in the backyard (whose?). Freakin' cool/creepy nonetheless. Try your own address and see what happens...

Another great article from Jack Lessenberry in this weeks Metro Times about how the U.S. has knowingly illegally screwed Canada out of $4 billion. Apparently we don't care to follow the NAFTA rules...

Rick Springfield is going to return to General Hospital to reprise his role as Dr. Drake (to introduce his son as a new character).

Here's a survey that I stole from Julie.

TEN random things you might not know about me.
1. I once saw Ray Charles at O'Hare Airport (but he didn't see me...ouch!).
2. I sang in choirs for several years (baritone).
3. I took the Pepsi Challenge at the Polk County Fair in Rickreall, Oregon and Pepsi won. Coke would so kick its ass now!
4. I lost a school sponsored Spelling Bee as a freshman in high school by one word to a senior (who ended up ranking statewide).
5. My homeade chili is so hot that it makes me cry.
6. I had a major acne problem from middle school through high school.
7. I've lived in 12 different homes (if I remember correctly).
8. I love to do crossword puzzles, but I don't do them very often.
9. I have two Campfire Girl badges (don't ask).
10.I used to ride in metric-centuries back in the day. (62 mile bike rides)



NINE places I've visited (I've actually traveled quite a bit within the US excluding the South and the East Coast, I'll just pick a few)
1. Switzerland (6 or 7 times)
2. Australia
3. Intercourse, Pennsylvania
4. Cheyenne, Wyoming
5. Canada
6. Folsom Lake (across from the Prison)
7. The California Redwoods
8. Chicago
9. Manhattan


EIGHT ways to win my heart
1. Humor
2. Intelligence
3. Good use of sarcasm against the dumb.
4. To be able to laugh at and appreciate Monty Python or Caddyshack, and to be a music geek
5. Smile
6. Generosity/kindness (to others)
7. Make me dinner (I'll be happy to reciprocate), write me a note/poem, give me flowers, hug me, hold hands with me, anything will do...
8. Be genuine

SEVEN things I want to do before I die
1. See Uluru (Ayers Rock)
2. Retire
3. To be in love with someone who feels the same way about me.
4. Sing in Detroit's Hallelujah Chorus
5. To find a job where I'm happy
6. To travel the world...everywhere!
7. To see another Coonawarra sunset


SIX things I'm afraid of
1. Dubya
2. Rumsfeld
3. Cheney
4. Spiders
5. Being alone forever
6. The direction that this country is headed as well as the environmental future of the planet



FIVE things I don't like
1. Dubya
2. Shitty supermarket tomatoes
3. Redneck/white trash/NASCAR/Red State mentality
4. Really hot and humid days
5. Road construction

FOUR ways to turn me off
1. Too much makeup, overtreated hair, superlong fingernails, and fake tans
2. Being disrespectful to others
3. To be overly smothering
4. Say something racist

THREE Things I do everyday
1. Take a shower
2. Watch TV
3. Eat (duh!)


TWO things that make me happy
1. Friends
2. Days off/vacations


ONE thing on my mind right now
1. I don't want to work tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home