Thursday, December 08, 2005

Blasphemous commercials are funny in a sad, sad world...

Hey kids! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I haven't been able to get online at home for a while. It's all fixed so here I am. I had to play a little catch-up reading e-mails, blogs, and visiting dirty websites. Now that I'm able to post again I don't have much to say...

FYI- I do not want the new Chia Garfield for Christmas as good as the idea may seem...

Have you seen the new Virgin Mobile Chrismahanukwanzakah commercial? Holy shit! I was watching TV last night when all of a sudden I saw something that that shocked the hell out me. I have to admit that I laughed, but I just can't believe that censors let that on the air. It ripped on several religious and gay stereotypes and was downright blasphemous to anybody. That means it's funny. I wonder if someone ran that version at the last second as a joke and the censors just missed it. I thought it was a "fake" commercial like an SNL commercial, but I realized I was watching Law and Order: SVU . It'll probably never run again, but it will be ingrained in my memory like the once-run Orwellian McIntosh commercial. This "actual" commercial goes beyond the boundaries of even the SNL writer mind. Genius and retarded at the same time. Did you see it?

I'm finally feeling a lot better, but I'm still having trouble sleeping. It's still uncomfortable to sleep on my sides, and I can't sleep on my damn back. Damn it!

Another great opinion column from Jack Lessenberry here about the Iraq war. It saves me a lot of writing when someone else feels the same way and writes about it so eloquently. His column is always worth a look...

Condoleeza Rice, the first black Nazi, has not come clean on the secret European CIA torture flights. Shame, shame, shame...



Speaking of Nazis...
Have you seen this Neo-Nazi teenage twin band on the news lately? Scary, scary shit! It's obvious that they have no idea what goes on in the real world as they've been brainwashed by their parents and grandparents. They're the unfortunate pride and future of the Aryan movement. Hatemongers at the age of 13...sad, very sad. The fate of this country is worrisome. I'm scared to see where it's going. As long as folk like Cheney and Dubya are in charge we're fucked. It's really scary that people like David Duke and Pat Robertson could actually have a chance at the presidency if they tried right now...

Good news for a change...
The Michigan House voted 104-0 to allow wine-shipping from out of state wineries. Read more here. Now we just need Governor Granholm to sign the bill. It's been a very long and hard road...

I'm looking forward to seeing The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I also hope to see The Ice Harvest, and Jesus is Magic.

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

It's not the same Virgin commercial as last year? I haven't watched any commercial TV in so long that I haven't seen any commercials. No commercials on DVDs or videos. ;-)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

I had the market initially with Hanaramakwanamas

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home