Friday, November 11, 2005

Ouch!

After going to the doctor yesterday and starting my prescriptions things were going pretty well. I was already feeling better before going to the doctor. My biggest inconvenience was having sore ribs from lots of coughing. I went to bed feeling alright, but slightly sore. I couldn't fall asleep. I was lying there for about an hour and then I had a slight cough. I learned from prior experience this week that it would be best to sit up to help alleviate some of the strain. This time I figured I'd actually go the bathroom and cough up some phlegm (sorry for the visual). I soon as I stood up I felt a kind of "pop" and all of a sudden I was in excruciating pain. I thought that I had broken a rib or two. I was somehow able to lie down for an hour or two in a very odd position, but it didn't seem to hurt as much. Moving from this position was painful indeed. At about 6:00AM I figured that I would try my best to get up and go to the ER. It took some time and a lot of pain to get on my pants, socks, and shoes. I made it to the ER at about 6:30AM. They took me in almost immediately and I have to say that they were very attentive thorough. They gave me a breathing treatment and then a shot for the pain and then wheeled me into X-Ray. They wheeled me back to the room and I didn't have to wait too long for them to tell me that the X-Rays looked good. They figure that I just strained or pulled some muscles near the ribs and the coughing didn't help matters. I'm glad I don't have any broken ribs. They subscribed some 800mg Motrin (3 x day) and some sort of inhaler to help clear my breathing. This is in addition to the antibiotic and Nasonex that I got earlier. I called in sick today for the restaurant job for the first time in 6 years. I wasn't scheduled until 6:00PM so that gave them plenty of notice. The manager I spoke to was very understanding. It's not like I do it all the time. I'm going to try and get some sleep today and just take it easy. Hopefully I'll be feeling well enough with drugs to work at the store tomorrow. My viral thing seems to be on its last legs and overall I'm feeling pretty dang good, except for the new stupid pain in my side.

Anyway...I give today's experience at Oakwood ER a thumbs up! Thanks everybody! Lets not do it again. (It was the first time I was a patient at a hospital since I was born.)

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger JulieU. said...

My aunt's a supervisor there...glad to hear you had a good experience.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

I hope you feel better soon! The next time you see Cory Redding please tell him that I think it's criminal what the Lions offense does to the defense. The D sells it out each and every game, toatally leaving it all on the field and that pathetic excuse for an offense stabs them in the heart every time. It sucks...I've stopped watching them it makes me so mad.

And that lady on wife swap was a certifiable nut who terrorized her husband and children and used God as the excuse. Shame....

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home