Friday, December 09, 2005

The ultimate displeasure of Turkish Delight...

I think I'm going to go see the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe at a matinee by myself today. It might be my only chance for a while as the holidays are coming down upon me like Agent Orange on foliage. This Sunday will be my last day off until Christmas. Ouch! Tis' the season. I think that I'm going to see The Ice Harvest on Sunday (hopefully). I really want to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as the Chronicles of Narnia were some of my favorite childhood reading. Regardless of the Christian themes, the books are still very well written and offer a broad appeal to anyone with an active imagination. I've been hoping for a major movie production of the series for over twenty years now. The preliminary reviews are promising. I guess I'll just have to see for myself. The only problem with the books is that they make it seem that Turkish Delight is the world's greatest candy...it isn't. It's an acquired taste. They're essentially jellies with rosewater in them. I'm not a big fan. Too much rosewater can ruin anything...even rice pudding.

In other news...
Don Ho is feeling better. Story here.

Well, I've gotta go if I'm gonna shoot for the 1:10.

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home