Tuesday, July 18, 2006

How much for a quickee?

This will be short. It's too damn hot and humid to concentrate for long. I need to return to my air-conditioned bedroom...

Some may accuse me of being a fan of all things Aussie and that indeed is true, but this has merit. I just finished watching a frickin' great Aussie movie called Little Fish. It stars a mesmerizing Cate Blanchett along with an amazing Hugo Weaving, Sam Neill at his most diverse, and wonderful performance by Dustin Nguyen of 21 Jump Street fame. Look out Johnny Depp! Seriously! Now we just some stellar performances by Holly Robinson Peete, Peter DeLuise, and Richard Grieco.
I don't want to give much away, but it's a fairly dark yet hopeful film about a young woman who is trying to get her life on track after years of heroin abuse. It takes place in the suburbs of Sydney and follows her relationships and her struggles with the past as she is thinking to the future. Very well done! Another great Aussie film! Netflix it!

Tomorrow I should be getting Tsotsi from Netflix. I'm really looking forward to it. It's supposed to be wonderful. (It won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film in '05)

That's all for now...I'm a bit sweaty.
This weather sucks!

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Peter DeLuise is very involved with Stargate SG-1 - producing, writing and occasinally directing. Last time I saw him in front of the camera was an early Highlander: The Series episode (same with Dustin Nguyen).

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home