Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Air like pudding and hotter than a popcorn fart...


Luzern, Switzerland- October 2005


The beastly weather continues. However, I'm SOOOOOO thankful we didn't lose power at work or home today. Several of our employees and customers lost power today. Most just a few blocks away. My power grid usually sucks. I'm VERY thankful this time around. I'm not sexy when I'm sweaty...

Happy Independence Day! In Switzerland that is. August 1st is essentially Swiss Independence Day. They celebrate their independence from Austrian rule in 1291. Prior to that they were essentially ruled by the Romans, but that goes back a little further. I wish I were with my family in Switzerland tonight at a bonfire on a hill with singing, food, and fireworks. It's truly a wonderful country and I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Funny enough, a former coworker of mine is now studying culinary arts in Vitznau, Switzerland. I was there in October. It's a tiny little town with an absolutely beautiful setting. I'm enjoying his e-mails and pictures. He's only been there a short time now, but he is loving it. Switzerland is a dang fine country.

Where the boat stops and the tram to Rigi-Kulm begins. Vitznau, Switzerland

I just read that CBGB is moving to Las Vegas. WTF?!? NOOOOOOO!!!! That is so wrong! Apparently their moving every grimey piece to recreate it, but it's still very wrong. I went to CBGB in 1994 to see a show, but they were at capacity and wouldn't let me in. Fascists! They wouldn't even let me in to buy a T-shirt. They close on September 30 so I doubt I'll ever have a chance to visit the classic club. I will NOT go to CBCG in Vegas! No f'in way! That's just stooopid.

To celebrate Swiss Independence day I'm going to do a snort of Kirsch and call it a night.

Cheers,
Jason

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, the CBGB news is at least a month old. Don't take it out on the owners of CBGB, the guy who owns the building raised the rent or something. They're going where they can afford it.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta side with Jason on this one, and I know all about the rent and the back taxes so I completely understand about the owner finally looking to make some money....however.....I can't see ever wanting to go to CBGB's if it's moved lock, stock and barrell to Las Vegas.

Love,

Stewie Ramone

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home