Friday, July 28, 2006

Welcome to Detroit: The world's biggest sauna

My brain is so fried it's not even funny. This crap weather isn't helping either. This week has just been ass-nasty. It's hot and often rainy. Rain usually sounds nice, but when it's coupled with a heat index of 98 f'in degrees forget about it. Every time I stepped outside yesterday it felt like I was being smothered by a wet St. Bernard. Not my cup o' tea. This global warming shit sucks ass! Please fix the world Mr. Gore.

Work = poop. This has been a rough week and yesterday was especially crappy. It doesn't help that my assistant is on vacation this week. However, due to things at work going on this weekend and such I was asked to switch my days off. I'm now off today (Friday) and tomorrow. I've got two days off in a row, but I've got nothing to due. I was thinking of maybe going to see Clerks II by myself. I may not get a chance otherwise. This weather is balls so I really don't want to do anything outside. I'd be fine splitting my time between my air-conditioned car, bedroom, theaters, stores, etc. I should probably figure out something decent to cook tomorrow since I've got the time. I love to cook, but I don't usually go too fancy as I'm cooking for one. Sigh. I may get a haircut today. I certainly should. I also have laundry to do. Actually I do have a stack of Netflix movies to watch. Good ones too. This crap weather is a decent enough excuse to stay in for the weekend during the summer. Really.

I was flipping through channels the other night and noticed that they had pro wrestling on the Sci Fi channel. WTF?

I love the Food Network, but it seems that every time I turn to it it's Rachael Ray...that's just annoying.

I was flipping through the Metro Times and noticed that Radio Birdman is coming. Wow! They're an old school Aussie post-punkish group. I had no idea that they were still together/reunited. That would be a good show to catch.

Speaking of the Metro Times there was once again a great opinion piece by Jack Lessenberry. I've suggested to him that he run for President but he didn't seem interested. How about governor then?

Here's a tough one... I'm still semi-boycotting WDET because of the line-up change and have stopped donating, but they are offering exclusive tickets to see David Sedaris speak in October. For a $240.00 donation you get two tickets and an autographed copy of Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. I might just have to do it. David Sedaris is one of my favorite writers/storytellers.

Gary Numan is coming on Monday. I can't go, but that would be a great show. I saw him several years ago at 7th House with the DJ friend. Great show and very nice to his fans. We had our picture taken with him and he signed my ticket stub.

I guess I could go see Plan 9 from Outer Space at the Main at midnight tonight or tomorrow, but it's such a crappy movie...which is its draw I suppose.

Have a great weekend!

Random poll- What should I do this weekend?

Random poll #2- What's the best outdoor summer concert that you've been to? (Mine was '94 Lollapalooza)

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home