Thursday, May 10, 2007

Word on the street...

Hey kids!

Word on the street is that the Hiller's Market is going to buy the Farmer Jack building in West Dearborn. That's good. I've been upset about Farmer Jack closing in a couple months. I like Farmer Jack and I HATE the Kroger across the street. I guess the Kroger's only redeeming quality is that they carry leeks and Farmer Jack doesn't. I like Hiller's. It's sorta pricey, but the quality is generally pretty good and a fair amount of organic stuff. I have no idea how long it's going to be before anything comes of it, but it's something to look forward to I guess...

I just finished watching Little Children. It is an outstanding film! However, it's the feel bad movie of the year. There's a general creepiness about it that I haven't felt since Happiness. Kate Winslet is wonderful as always. (Probably my biggest celebrity crush...) This film goes to very dark places and Jackie Earle Haley takes you there. His performance is masterful! He should've won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar. From The Bad News Bears to Breaking Away to obscurity to one of the most stellar performances ever!!! Only 28 years for a comeback! The film is amazing, but you probably shouldn't watch it...

Cheers,
Jason

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

It's funny because I *HATE* the Farmer Jack. Of course, I don't actually love the Kroger, as I don't love any grocery store, but they do carry a very large vegetarian selection. I refuse to buy produce at a grocery store though when I have the Dearborn Farm Market so close to hand.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home