Sunday, June 10, 2007

"Aaaarrrrggghh!" and "Deep sigh..."

Hey kids!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've either been too busy, too tired, or been watching season finales. Rather than try to recount everything I've done (nothing too darn exciting), I'll pretty much start anew unless I remember some random crap.

The title of this post is in reference to the series finale of The Sopranos. I'm sad that the greatest TV show ever created (other than M*A*S*H) is over. It was a great run. But why did they have to leave you hanging like that? Without any real resolution? It's like Lucy Van Pelt pulling the football away from Charlie f'in Brown. At least the show wasn't the dream of an autistic boy looking at a snow globe of St. Eligius Hospital (WTF was that?!?). Thanks for 8 years of "great fuckin' ziti"!

I'm really sore and tired. I was fine all day until I sat down for the first time (about 7:30). Now I can barely walk. Today we held a big yearly tasting and it kicks my ass every year. Lots of set up and tear down. Eight hours of hauling 8' foot tables on my back, hauling other stuff, and keeping people happy and imbibed. Another grand 10 hour day on my day off. At least it's over until next year.

There's going to be a great change happening at work soon. We're all looking forward to it. Although I hate the song "The Final Countdown" by Europe I feel it's appropriate at this time. Things should get better soon. It will still be a challenge, of course, but there should at least be something to work for. I'll leave it at that for now...

Randomly...

I went to another Tiger's game a few weeks ago (against St. Louis). Great game (9-6)! Great seats! Great time!

Knocked Up is hilarious!!! Go see it!

Pan's Labyrinth was very good, but I don't understand the uber-hype. This Film Film Is Not Yet Rated is a must see documentary on the MPAA!!! Do yourself a favor and see it. You may be surprised about a lot of things! Nudity/homosexuality bad! Extreme violence/bad language awesome! Bloody Romsfeldian Puritans!

The restaurant has been pretty flippin' busy on Friday nights. That's a good thing.

I was watching a Netflix copy of Children of Men and was enjoying it until the disc started skipping 3/4 of the way through it. I reported the problem and but didn't re-order it right away to watch it. I'll have to remember to re-add it to my queue and put it near the top.

The wine distribution system in Michigan right now is in a major tizzy. It's a bloody awful mess. Big business looks like it's going to win again. I imagine that there will be two or three distributors left in the next five years (rather than the approximately 20 I buy from now). None of this mega-national distributors had a hold on wine in Michigan until recently. Monopolies are going to be the death of us.

Dubya can still sit and spin! ITMFA!

That's all for now...I'm tired.

Cheers,
Jason

Random poll- What was your favorite treat from the ice cream truck when you were a kid?

Random poll #2- Favorite TV show of all time?

Random poll #3- How long before we see a prison-sex video or vajajay shot of Paris Hilton in jail?

Random poll #4- When are they going to open a damn Sonic in Michigan? The commercials drive me nuts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

What was your favorite treat from the ice cream truck when you were a kid? Chocolate eclair until they came out with the one with the hunk of chocolate in the middle.

Favorite TV show of all time? Probably M*A*S*H, but Highlander: The Series is 1b.

How long before we see a prison-sex video or vajajay shot of Paris Hilton in jail? Dear God, please spare us.

When are they going to open a damn Sonic in Michigan? The commercials drive me nuts. Yeah, what the hell is up with that? I realise they show up because of national broadcasts, but still!!!! We don't get Jack-In-The-Box commercials.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home